Review by Bell123 -- Angels Watching Over Me

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bell123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bell123.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Review by Bell123 -- Angels Watching Over Me

Post by Bell123 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Angels Watching Over Me" by Pam Ware & Linda Dipman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Angels Watching Over Me is a book written from the perspective of two very different ladies who are both Christians but go through very different lives and are both tested in so many different ways. Pam, who's mission in life is to create a loving hospice, finds Jesus after a tragic accident that leaves her with chronic pain. A sign from God wakes her up to being a devoted Christian. Her business sense and compassion lead her to the career she was meant to be in. She overcomes abusive alcoholic parents, who care only about entertaining others, and a sister who abused her in childhood when her parents were not around. Pam finds her own way in this world and I get the feeling that the adversity she went through helps her in some way to become a good Christian, and a powerful woman in caregiving.

Linda, however has a very different life. She was raised a Christian but begins to question the teachings of the church when she meets and falls in love with a woman named Tori. The two of them must hide their relationship, and her faith never wavers, even when her children are taken away from her and given to the father. The children's father seems only wants to bring everyone in her town against her for being a lesbian. Linda's faith in God stays firm during her tests and tribulations. She intelligently writes about her journey with Jesus and draws the reader in with her knowledge of scripture. She teaches about the Bible and shows us how homosexuals can also be devoted Christians and is passionate about declaring her love for Jesus even though it seems unseen forces are testing her all the time. She writes intelligently also about the Devil and how he seeks to destroy God's plan. Pam and Linda are eventually brought together by God's plan and the end of the story brings it all together.

I am personally touched by this book as it made sense to me how God really does love all his children and what I mainly got out of the book was how God is so good to people who love him, and how leaning on God during hard times is one of the most important things a Christian can learn to do. The book is written with passion and great faith in God. It also helped me understand that homosexuals struggle with their faith when they are Christians and Linda and Pam's story would be so inspirational to anyone going through that. However, any Christian, or person wanting to learn about God and Jesus's plan could enjoy this book thoroughly.

I felt the book was the perfect length although the 34 chapters and 9 parts was a little daunting to begin reading. I was glad I read the book and every chapter was detailed and full of passion and emotion, drawing the reader in. Linda was great at using scripture to back up her teachings and her personal opinions. The quotes from scripture were inspiring and I found I can apply them to my own life and journey as a Christian. Pam's story and her love for Jesus while incorporating it into healthcare is inspiring for anyone who wants to base their career on their love for the Lord.

I found this book to be well edited and there was nothing I really can complain about. As a Christian, I recommend this book to other Christians who want to learn more about the bible and also enjoy an inspiring story. Those in the LGBTQ+ community searching for newfound faith in God can find comfort in this book as well. I give the book a 4/4.

Angels Watching Over Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chizioboli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chizioboli.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Chizioboli »

Religion is one part of the human life i show so much interest in as it determines how one behaves to a great extent. This book's story had both women's lives as words and opposites. I want to know how this fascinating read ended. Truly, angels watch over us. Thank you for your review
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

I like how you described the authors: two very different ladies and eventually brought together. Thanks for the insights.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”