Official Review: With Endless Love, Me: A borderline's di...

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Official Review: With Endless Love, Me: A borderline's di...

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "With Endless Love, Me: A borderline's diary" by Yanni Logan.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

According to the National Institute of Mental Health, nearly one in five U.S. adults live with a mental illness. While depression is the most prevalent, there are many other mental health conditions. In the book With Endless Love, Me: A borderline's diary, Yanni Logan, the author, takes us through his journey as a person living with a mental health condition called borderline personality disorder.

Yanni was initially incorrectly diagnosed with manic depression. The diagnosis came with incorrect treatment. Instead of getting better, his health deteriorated until he met Doctor Dimitri, who diagnosed him correctly. As part of his psychotherapy treatment, he was encouraged to put his feelings and emotions on paper.

The book comprises diary entries starting from April through to February of the following year. In his diary entries, he shares pleasant and unpleasant moments in his life. No two days were the same for him. He could wake up feeling well and go about his day as usual until he overthinks to a point where he cannot control his thoughts and feels like he is going crazy. On some days, he will be suicidal and inflict harm on himself.

Mental health conditions are sensitive and complex, hence the need for accurate diagnosis and tailored treatment. Psychotherapy sessions, journaling, and medication helped the author remain in control of his thoughts. He is aware of his triggers and understands where most of his fears and anxieties originate. I like that this book addresses the stigma associated with mental health and offers suggestions to help people view mental health conditions positively. Normalizing healthy conversations around mental health in communities can help others to seek help sooner.

Although not explicit, the book contains sexual elements. It is, therefore, suitable for mature audiences. I came across several profane words across the book. While I understand that this book is a compilation of the author’s personal diary entries, I found the use of profanity on almost every other page to be excessive.

Individuals who suffer from various mental health conditions will benefit from reading this book as it candidly displays the author’s life with a mental health condition. I also recommend the book to readers who wish to learn more about the struggles faced by those with mental health conditions.

The book was well written, and the language used was easy to understand. It is informative, relatable, and educational. For these reasons, I am awarding it a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. I have deducted a star because of the excessive use of profanity in the book.

With Endless Love, Me: A borderline's diary
View: on Bookshelves
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-c-n.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by Goodness C N »

Many persons indeed live with mental illness. I'll love to read this book since the author takes a reader through that journey. Great review.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Coromandel Dreamin' by Ron Murray

Post by Praise GodWord »

Depression keeps becoming one of the devils hampering on our mental serenity. I was once a victim of it. Great review.
Victoria Copsey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-copsey.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Victoria Copsey »

This sounds like a really interesting read. I am especially intrigued by the fact that it is made up of the author's diary entries. Perhaps the excessive use of profanity emphasises the painful, raw and unfiltered nature of the book? Great review to read, thank you.
Drianie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Drianie »

I know almost nothing about borderline personality disorder. Learning more about it from someone who lives with this mental health condition will be informative and interesting. Thanks for the elaborate review!
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

This is a book that will help raise awareness on mental health. It is also interesting to know that this is a compilation of the author’s personal diary entries. Great review.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

A mental illness is very hard to live with, especially for the people around the patient. This book might help families struggling with such a terrible condition. Thank you for this great review!
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I'm sure people who share the author's struggles with mental health issues could relate to his book and gain support from it. I also appreciate that it is informative for the general audience, so they can understand what these people are going through. Great review!
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Harty Muli »

I like the book's discussion on mental health, which I think is on the increase because of our kind of living. Nice review.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Honest-reviewer »

Mental health is an important topic. I’m glad that the author has shed lights on it. This book seems quite informative. Thanks for your insightful review.
Tarilan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarilan.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Tarilan »

Many people are dying silently because they aren't treated. Others go for treatment only to get worse. This is so absurd. I hope many will learn from it.
Kasun Perera
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasun-perera.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Kasun Perera »

Mental health is a facinating field, and a diary of a such ppatient should be an interesting read. Thank you for the nice review
Mvictoria
Currently Reading: Midnight Sun
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mvictoria.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Mvictoria »

I was instantly intrigued by the prospect of reading about life with borderline personality disorder. I think it would be an interesting read and I hope it would lead to a better understanding of those living with this disorder.
Bookishkrish24
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishkrish24.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Bookishkrish24 »

Thanks for your great review. The word, 'depression' is used as a common term nowadays without knowing the exact nature, so this book seems to be a relevant one.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Godspraise Precious wrote: 18 Jan 2021, 05:55 Many persons indeed live with mental illness. I'll love to read this book since the author takes a reader through that journey. Great review.
Mental health illnesses are so prevalent it's actually sad. I hope you'll be enlightened as you read the book.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”