Review by cat noir -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cat noir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cat-noir.html
Latest Review: Frustrating Fascination by Debra Mckenzie

Review by cat noir -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by cat noir »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Reading this book was challenging for me. Timewise by Robert Leet is a sci-fi novel. This book is very much different from other time-related sci-fi novels I have read.

From an early age, Ron was alone without anybody to depend on. He didn't have any dreams or goals and occupied his days playing chess in the chess club. It was on one such day that Regina entered his life. He knew there was something special about Regina. Little did he know how much she would impact his life. He had no interest in anything else other than chess until Regina appeared. He began studying harder to impress her when he came to know she was a physics professor. Soon he became interested in what he was learning, and Regina offered to pay for his studies if he scored an A-grade for whatever he studied.

It didn't take him much time to realize that he was falling in love with her. At first, he thought it was just an infatuation, but the more and more he was around her, he knew it wasn't true. Spending time with her also meant something else. Never-ending physics lectures were the one thing that Regina never failed to bring up. If it wasn't for the fact that he liked her (not that he told her), he wouldn't even have bothered to listen to it. So why was Regina trying to explain it to Ron? Why did she bother to help Ron in the first place? Why was she so determined to explore the mysteries of time and space? And why did she involve Ron in it?

One major fact about this book is that it has more science than the story. To be honest, I didn't expect so much science to be in this book. I also began to panic when I could understand only a few science concepts (or sometimes nothing at all), but my worries were eased when I read Ron himself sometimes did not understand what Regina was trying to explain. Every time I completely grasped what she explained to Ron, I felt so smart and happy.

Ron is a very relatable character. He is a very observant person. I love how dedicated and passionate he is about the things he does. The author has done an excellent job with this book. Even the slightest detail was explained to give the reader a clear and perfect image of what was happening in the plot. The style of narration was extremely attention-grabbing.

This is my first time coming across a book so science-oriented. Even though some parts of the book confused me and were hard to grasp, I couldn't put the book down once I started reading. There were figures and diagrams to make the concepts easier to understand. The real-life analogies that were used to help convey the scientific concepts really helped me (and Ron too). I mulled over it several times, even after the book had ended. For someone who despised physics classes, it came across as a surprise to me when I found myself being fascinated by the topics involved in the plot. If only physics textbooks were this interesting to read.

I rate Timewise by Robert Leet four out of four stars. The book was professionally edited, as I couldn't discover any errors. Profanity is included in the plot. There are mentions of sexual encounters, though not in great detail. If you love sci-fi with great details of the science concepts involved in it, then this book is made for you. To be honest, I wouldn't have chosen this book if I had known there was so much science involved. But then surprisingly, I found myself enjoying it from the beginning to the end.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Deb Vil
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deb-vil.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Deb Vil »

I love science and science fiction, so I think I will read the book! Thank you for your review!
cat noir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cat-noir.html
Latest Review: Frustrating Fascination by Debra Mckenzie

Post by cat noir »

Deb Vil wrote: 16 Jan 2021, 11:17 I love science and science fiction, so I think I will read the book! Thank you for your review!
You sure will enjoy this book. Thanks for stopping by!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”