Review by Rukitejevbo02 -- Danger in Plain Sight

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rukitejevbo02
Currently Reading: The Maid
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rukitejevbo02.html
Latest Review: Faults by Orion Gregory

Review by Rukitejevbo02 -- Danger in Plain Sight

Post by Rukitejevbo02 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Danger in Plain Sight" by Burt Weissbourd.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Danger in Plain Sight by Burt Weissbourd is a thriller that centers around a woman who decides to help out her ex-husband when he gets hit by a pickup truck and comes crashing into her restaurant.

Daniel Odile-Grand is a French journalist that writes articles about terrorists. His current story, which is a major one, puts him in jeopardy. He has to hide, or at least lie low, if he wants to live.

Callie James probably thought that after her husband (Daniel Odile-Grand) cheated on her seven months into their marriage, and they had a divorce, she would never see him again. But fourteen years later, he's in her restaurant doorway, asking for a place to stay. At first, Callie disagrees and tells him to leave. When he does, a black pickup truck runs into him and he crashes into her restaurant and gets badly injured. Afterwards, Callie reconsiders her decision and decides to let him into her life again.

Eventually, some people threaten Callie, with the aim of making her disclose Daniel's whereabouts. When Callie realizes how much danger she's in, she asks Cash, her former employee, to help her out.

I did not dislike anything about the book. I noticed that the story was neither too fast nor too slow. The author did a good job of developing the plot of the story. Each character had a meaningful contribution to the storyline. Since some of the chapters switched between scenes involving different characters, I was able to get a preview of some of the events a short while before they took place. The book was interesting and had me at the edge of my seat after each chapter. I loved how the author cleverly captured the various themes and emotions throughout the book. I will not fail to mention that some scenes were unpredictable, and I loved it. Not only were they unpredictable, but they also left me in awe. I appreciated the author's successful attempt in adding a little humor, and the fact that he did not discuss any erotic scenes in explicit detail.

I would say the book was professionally edited because I only noticed one error. The language was not clean because there was use of profanity in the book, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone younger than fourteen.

With all that being considered, I rate the book four out of four stars because it is yet another piece of writing I truly enjoyed. I recommend this book to anyone who's in the mood for interesting and well-paced thrillers.

Danger in Plain Sight
View: on Bookshelves
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

I also like it when characters in a book are important to the book's plot instead of boring the reader with unnecessary characters. Thanks for your brilliant review and recommendation.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I love thrillers, so after reading your review, I think I would enjoy this book. Thanks for a great review!
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

Wow, not only does this book have a unique story-line but also is professionally edited! I'd love to give it a read. Thank you for your brilliant review!
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

I can't tell if Daniel is lucky or unlucky when he received Callie's help by getting hit by a truck and crashing into her restaurant :D. Nevertheless, this sounds like an interesting thriller with a nice plot.
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-c-n.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by Goodness C N »

I totally find the premise of this book relevant and intriguing. The plot development and storyline is worthy of note. The presence of humour is an added advantage. Also, your review is detailed and gives a reader an insight of what to expect. Well done.
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-c-n.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by Goodness C N »

I totally find the premise of this book relevant and intriguing. The plot development and storyline is worthy of note. The presence of humour is an added advantage. Also, your review is detailed and gives a reader an insight of what to expect. Well done.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”