Official Review: Auspicious Thoughts, Propitious Mind

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christieee
2021 Reading Goal: 300
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christieee.html
Latest Review: Holy Smoke by Rick Snedeker

Official Review: Auspicious Thoughts, Propitious Mind

Post by Christieee »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Auspicious Thoughts, Propitious Mind" by Richard Camden.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In a world where peace seems elusive and negativity plagues a lot of us, Auspicious Thoughts, Propitious Mind by Richard Camden is an insightful piece of nonfiction that can help us achieve maximum success by simplifying our thoughts. Maximum success, in this context, is not fast cars, mansions, and a fat bank account; it is peace of mind. The author presented, in over 700 pages, so many ideas and words of wisdom that cut across religion, finance management, politics, and even exercising our bodies.

The author’s primary message is that there is a God, and this God is the force for goodness in all of mankind. He summarized this in the quote: “In Omnibus Deum.” The book, which is divided into seven parts, has messages in each part built upon this primary “fact.” The author also presents good examples of everyday life, especially life in the UK, to help impress his points regarding life, religion, and spirituality. You should not read this piece in a rush. You must calmly analyze it and absorb it.

With over 700 pages, there is a lot that this book contains that cannot be unpacked in even 1000 words. The author did a thorough job in compiling such complex thoughts about life in a relatively simplified manner. The author presented examples from history, the Bible, countries’ relations with each other over the years. By using these examples, his messages were understandable and relatable. I must confess that it took me a while to get into the feel of this book, but once I got into it, I started thinking about the author’s messages all the time! My favorite part was Part Four that talked about important numbers. For example, Number Three is good because it stands for the Trinity: God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

I learned so much from this book that I’m glad to recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more about life and improve their thoughts. I always knew that watching my thoughts is important because they shape my mind, which in turn shapes my life. But this book showed me a different perspective on positive thinking and “goodliness.” A message that stuck with me was about God being a force for good, and every good in the world comes from Him. The editing team also did an exceptional job, as I did not find any errors, which is an incredible feat considering that this piece is over 700 pages.

My rating for Auspicious Thoughts, Propitious Mind is 3 out of 4 stars. I removed a star because, while I loved the author’s overall message, I did not like his tendency to make the sentences too wordy; this made me often lose sight of the point, and I had to reread many sentences to understand them. This problem affected my reading flow significantly. I suggest this piece to open-minded people that love to think critically about life and spirituality. You don’t have to agree with all of the author’s opinions.

Auspicious Thoughts, Propitious Mind
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”