Official Review: The Inevitable Rise of the Shero Nation

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Guda Lydia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guda-lydia.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Official Review: The Inevitable Rise of the Shero Nation

Post by Guda Lydia »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Inevitable Rise of the Shero Nation" by Dr. Barbara Walker-Green.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Inevitable Rise of the Shero Nation by Dr. Barbara Walker Green is an empowering book that comprises of evidence-based arguments and psychological analysis of theories that society consciously or sub-consciously abides by. These concern the perception of women’s role and nature in society and to their leadership capabilities. Examples of the theories are the glass cliff theory, male groupthink, social role theory. Additionally, the author outlines techniques like deliberate parenting that build social capital in both male and female children.

Additionally, the author further discusses the millennial generation to help them realize and live up to their maximum potential in terms of equality. The book is in seven chapters, and f each includes stories from formidable women such as Melanie Bragg, Nicole Robert Jones, and Joan Montreuil, among others. Furthermore, each theory and term definition is accompanied by examples of phenomenal women such as Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama, and Condoleezza Rice, making the book quite relatable and real.

The author is very descriptive and specific in her explanations and introduces new concepts chronologically. This makes it easy for anyone to follow and understand instantly. For instance, when discussing the social role theory, the explanation begins from a simple definition, then relating it to socially acceptable gender roles and finally, how it leads to expectations and gender stereotyping. Additionally, the writing takes an inspirational and engaging tone leading to a call to action and inducing self-reflection.

My favorite about the book is the references and citations that accompany each fact, term definition, and argument. These improve and show the accuracy and authenticity of the literature. It also shows the author’s competent research efforts, giving more authority to the work. There is nothing in particular to dislike; however, I have to say I expected more in-depth personal stories of various iconic women rather than quick mentions and news items. I believe this would have improved the book’s impact further.

The book is excellently edited; I found only three minor errors. The language employed is intelligible and free of any profanities, and the literature lacks any sensitive scenes or depictions. The Inevitable Rise of the Shero Nation presents both bold and controversial perceptions of our society. Dr. Barbara Walker does not shy away from stating her mind and mentioning individual names and companies that have violated women’s rights and their use of women to remedy out-of-control situations. I, therefore, award it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to anyone looking to uncover the past, present, and future power of women.

The Inevitable Rise of the Shero Nation
View: on Bookshelves
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Coromandel Dreamin' by Ron Murray

Post by Praise GodWord »

Among these theories, the one that best resonates with me is the one the addresses child parenting. In our society today, this I what we need above all.
Atieno Magero
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

Wonderful review! Your review has been helpful and provided me great insight about this book. This seems like an informative and eye-opening book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”