Review by MuiMui -- We are Voulhire: A New Arriva...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MuiMui
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading: Zara Hanson & The Mystery of the Painted Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muimui.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA
fav_author_id: 50532

Review by MuiMui -- We are Voulhire: A New Arriva...

Post by MuiMui »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz provides the reader an amazing adventure through different perspectives. The author brings a creative world filled with action, drama and magic. We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is for a mature audience. The illustrated map was a great addition to help the reader imagine this new world.

The prologue grabbed my attention immediately. I had many questions but was excited to discover the answers as I read the book. The journey starts with the history of Voulhire. The reader will meet characters from different backgrounds from soldiers and miners to priests and kings! The reader will learn what is important to each character based on their position, religion, past, and capabilities. The author does a great job presenting the goal of each character. One may have the goal to live a peaceful life in the city and the other may do anything in his power to become the most powerful being! Each of these characters had an impact in Voulhire. The book includes humor and memorable quotes like "I only make the rules. I don't enforce them." Statements like these help the reader get a glimpse of how this individual may act in the future. This world of Voulhire continued to expand as the adventure unfolds.

What I liked the most about We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies was the way the story was told. For this type of story the format was prefect! I read about each character through their perspective, what they saw, their feelings and how they thought. I felt like I was watching a movie because I could hear their voices in my head! The book was detailed and it allowed me to become emotionally connected with the characters.

I could not find anything that I disliked about We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies . I would have liked to learn more about Lord Meldorath but I assume there will be much more to learn about him later. I was worried with the new vocabulary words but the author eases this in very well in the story. He included a reference guide at the end of the book to help the reader understand the world of Voulhire.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book was exceptionally well edited. This has been one of my favorite books I have read this year. It is filled with interesting characters, action, magic and a great story. I look forward to the next book in the series!

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Noelle770
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noelle770.html
Latest Review: The Tattered Black Book by Lexy Duck

Post by Noelle770 »

Know different characters perspectives does add to a story. Excellent review
MuiMui
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading: Zara Hanson & The Mystery of the Painted Symbol
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muimui.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by MuiMui »

Thanks Noelle! I’ve been hooked on this series.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”