Review by aby johnson -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
aby johnson
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: A Gentleman in Moscow
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aby-johnson.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B07FQ4Q7MB
fav_author_id: 50532

Review by aby johnson -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

Post by aby johnson »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Galen Bray reaches Voulhire, the emerging nation under the rule of King Wilhem, with the ambition of being a great blacksmith like his late uncle. Lord Eldus along with his family have been sent to Hillport by the King to reconstruct and renovate the half-destroyed village. Lord High Chancellor Midius Maido is plotting and devising against the kingdom, and King Wilhem is fighting his own personal battles. The horrors and adventures unfolding in each district are told from the perspective of different characters in each chapter. Each one of them is on a personal quest, and who all will succeed?

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is the first installment in the fantasy series ‘We are Voulhire’. The book takes you on a wondrous journey of mystery and magic. The book is short with around 160 pages, and the quick-paced narration takes you quickly to the end. Each chapter starts with the transition between character narrations, and it is a great way of storytelling. The author has succeeded in creating a mysterious atmosphere, and this helps in making the narration quite interesting.

What I liked most about the book is the detail and depth of the plot. The characters are well developed, which is also a big plus point. I liked how the author has repeatedly mentioned who is who so that the reader could understand. And also I loved how the author has created multiple plotlines and kept them all engaging. I did not dislike anything about the book. Everything about the book is done right for a fantasy novel.

I enjoyed the book a lot, and as a fantasy lover, I would say this book is great. I’m someone who re-reads Harry Potter and now I feel like I have found a good series to explore. The book ends with a cliff-hanger, so be prepared for it, and keep the next book ready. There are many unanswered plot holes in the book, which I hope will be answered through the series.

To conclude, I would rate We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies, 4 out of 4. Because this book is a powerful start to a new fantasy series and I’m so sure that this series will grow into a really good one. The book is professionally edited, and I didn’t find any typographical or grammatical errors. I would recommend this book to all fantasy lovers. The book contains a mild level of profanity and hence I would not recommend the book to children.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Smile, for better days are yet to come :D
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

I agree with you, I loved this book. The author has such an incredible vision. Thank you for the review👍
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
aby johnson

Post by aby johnson »

MarianaFigueira wrote: 17 Nov 2020, 20:41 I agree with you, I loved this book. The author has such an incredible vision. Thank you for the review👍
Hey thanks a lot for the comment. I did love the book so much. And i have already started reading the next one. I hope the series turns out to be good as the first book. It has a promising start.
Eutoc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eutoc.html
Latest Review: My Ups And Downs by Sam Barder

Post by Eutoc »

The multiple plotlines was the most engaging for me. I was always looking out to when they'd get to converge.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
aby johnson

Post by aby johnson »

Eutoc wrote: 18 Nov 2020, 14:57 The multiple plotlines was the most engaging for me. I was always looking out to when they'd get to converge.
Ya me too. Already on to the third book mate.
jokinyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jokinyo.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by jokinyo »

I was set in the fantasy word from the beginning, i could not keep the book down. Nice review.
AbhyarnaAman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhyarnaaman.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by AbhyarnaAman »

great review!!! I would love to read the entire series someday (on a vacation may be :) )
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.
By Rob White
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
Krishnajee100
Favorite Book: THE STORY OF MY LIFE
Currently Reading: art of war
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krishnajee100.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Krishnajee100 »

Interesting plot with magic, it's definitely for me. I would like to read it's whole series. Thank you for such a great review :).

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”