Review by Simina Dinca -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Simina Dinca
Currently Reading: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Trad. Chinese Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simina-dinca.html
Latest Review: Seven at Two Past Five by Tara Basi

Review by Simina Dinca -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Simina Dinca »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When young, brilliant chess player Ron meets Regina Russo, his life changes forever. After wasting his past life on poker strategies in order to survive, the road of hard work in mathematics and the abstract concepts of quantum physics take him into a world never seen before, a world of paradox and confusion. On his way to understanding the greatest secrets of the universe, Ron meets four extremely intelligent women, each representing a new stage in his life and each one giving him a new direction to go to or to run from.

Robert Leet’s book, Timewise is not only a compelling book, but a magnificent one. In my opinion this book is so enchanting that from the first ten pages it casts a spell on you. It is a harmonious mixture of physics, quantum mechanics, love and the endless search for answers in such a vast universe as ours is. Also, I would have never expected a belles-lettres book to offer such scientifically accurate descriptions of astrophysics phenomena. It is more a science manuscript than a cheap narration, as some pages are difficult to read and comprehend and sharp focus is required from time to time.

There are a few characters in this book, all extremely complex, with traits of both simplicity and astuteness. The story focuses on the distinctive characteristics of geniuses. Regina, Cheryl, Sheila and Louise all represent perseverant personalities, obsessed with the things that they are good at and that give their life meaning. As for Ron, he is more a beneficiary, an observant of these absolutely divergent masterminds, torn apart between their ideas and his own lack of purpose.

The book is well edited. I found only a few errors in the last chapters. The plot was breathtaking and full of surprises, with many mesmerizing physics theories explained in a very captivating and proper way in order for everyone to understand.Some events occurred too suddenly one after the other, fact that I found a little bit inconvenient. At first, I wanted to rate this book 3 out of 4 stars, but the manner in which the author speaks about life, time and space is one that I have never encountered before. It is the sole purpose of a book to entertain the reader and leave more questions to one’s mind than answers. Hence, I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, without any doubt.

I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to understand more about the applications of physics in real life and to people who enjoy the beauty and mystery of the quantum mechanics world. I believe that anyone with a passion for metaphysics and a preference for atypical and intriguing ideas about how our cosmos was born will be delighted by this manuscript.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Erin Painter Baker
Favorite Book: Among Others
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esp1975.html
Latest Review: Luke and Luka: Genius Kid Heroes by A.D. Largie

Post by Erin Painter Baker »

This sounds like a really interesting book for people who have an interest in and understanding of physics. I wonder how understandable it might be to anyone who hasn't studied physics? I do like that the author made a big impact on you in the way he talks about life, time, and space.
Noelle770
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noelle770.html
Latest Review: The Tattered Black Book by Lexy Duck

Post by Noelle770 »

This sounds like such an amazing book. The mix of science with deep characters sounds quite compelling. Excellent review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”