Official Review: Create the Life You Want

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Official Review: Create the Life You Want

Post by Ellylion »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Create the Life You Want" by Raymond P. Gerson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Many of us search for a rewarding job; we want to fulfill our dreams and to live a purposeful life; almost everyone of us needs a loving partner and a healthy relationship; we often would love to share our wisdom and experience with others. Create the Life You Want by Raymond P. Gerson shows us how to achieve success in life on all these four levels, naming spiritual growth as a key factor.

The book is a quick read, only 77 pages long. It consists of four parts divided into 10 chapters. The first part speaks about career; the second part helps to find a higher goal in life; the third part is dedicated to love and marriage; the fourth part touches on the importance of helping other people (mainly through mentoring). Every chapter has a conclusion with a brief description of the matters it addresses. Also, there are important questions to readers at the end of the chapters. The author brings many examples based on his own experience. His writing style is simple yet very engaging. It is also worth mentioning that the author has a Masters Degree in Psychology and a large experience in career counseling.

My most favorite feature of this book is the inspiration it gives to older readers. Many people feel insecure and even unneeded after reaching a particular age. But the author clearly proves that age is just a number. According to him, he met the love of his life and married her shortly after when both of them were 63 years old! Also, I found very inspiring the fact that he started his own business not being that young already. So, no matter how old you are, you should always keep hoping. Such an emphasis on older readers makes this book quite unique, in my opinion.

The briefness of the book was the only one moment to dislike. I felt that the book lacked some depth, but only because I would love to learn more about the subjects described in it. But I found that the editorial work was solid and professional, so I gave this book 4 out of 4 stars.

This book is too complex for young children, so they should avoid reading it. Also, those of you who do not like self-help books can skip this one over.

The author speaks about the importance of being loved by God in the chapter dedicated to spiritual growth and self-improvement. But, considering that the book is not about God, or any particular religion (the author also mentions yoga practices and everyday meditation), I nevertheless believe that non-believers can benefit from reading it, as well. In my opinion, the book can give us many interesting ideas about building a career or a relationship, despite our religious views. It is needless to mention that the book doesn't have any instances of profanity or eroticism.

I would especially recommend this book to readers over 40, 50, and even 60 years old. It is also a very good guide for aspiring teachers or those students who consider a career in the educational sphere. In my opinion, this book would also appeal to those readers who enjoy non-fiction, spiritual books, and the self-help genre overall.

Create the Life You Want
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

It's good to find that this book is a very inspirational one. Thanks for the wonderful review and recommendation.
Ellylion
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellylion »

Saint Bruno wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 03:26 It's good to find that this book is a very inspirational one. Thanks for the wonderful review and recommendation.
Thank you so much for your comments! :)
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

This book sounds like it is worth a read. It helps that the book is brief. Thanks for the review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
SunVixen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunvixen.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn

Post by SunVixen »

"It is also worth mentioning that the author has a Masters Degree in Psychology and a large experience in career counseling."

At least the author is not some weirdo. Such books are often written by people who themselves do not know what to do with their lives. In this case, this book is written by a professional with a good career.

Thanks for the great review.
Tonze
Currently Reading: Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonze.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by Tonze »

This book sound to be inspirational. I am addicted to self-help book and this seems to interesting, I can't wait to read those tips to create the life I want. Nice review!
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

The author seems to have put together a knowledgeable self-help guide book. Thank you for your descriptive review and recommendation!
Teh_ni8
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Teh_ni8 »

It seems a very motivational book. Describes about a better and successful human life and how to achieve goal accurately.
Ellylion
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellylion »

Nqobile771 wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 06:19 This book sounds like it is worth a read. It helps that the book is brief. Thanks for the review.
Thank you very much for your comments! :)
Ellylion
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellylion »

SunVixen wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 06:28 "It is also worth mentioning that the author has a Masters Degree in Psychology and a large experience in career counseling."

At least the author is not some weirdo. Such books are often written by people who themselves do not know what to do with their lives. In this case, this book is written by a professional with a good career.

Thanks for the great review.
Ha ha, thanks very much! :D
Ellylion
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellylion »

Tonze wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 06:44 This book sound to be inspirational. I am addicted to self-help book and this seems to interesting, I can't wait to read those tips to create the life I want. Nice review!
Thank you very much! :)
Ellylion
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellylion »

SamaylaM wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 07:07 The author seems to have put together a knowledgeable self-help guide book. Thank you for your descriptive review and recommendation!
There are lovely, humorous, and reliable examples in the book too :) Thank you very much for your comments!
Ellylion
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellylion »

Teh_ni8 wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 07:38 It seems a very motivational book. Describes about a better and successful human life and how to achieve goal accurately.
Thank you for your comments! :)
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

This does sound like an engaging guidebook that’s been thoughtfully compiled and organized accordingly. So many of the mentioned facets are true building blocks that we all need in our lives in order to feel fulfilled. Thank you for providing such a thorough analysis! 👍🏼
Ellylion
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellylion »

AvidBibliophile wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 16:01 This does sound like an engaging guidebook that’s been thoughtfully compiled and organized accordingly. So many of the mentioned facets are true building blocks that we all need in our lives in order to feel fulfilled. Thank you for providing such a thorough analysis! 👍🏼
Thank you very much for your kind comments! :)

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”