Official Review: TODD by Franklin Bonano

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shannonkate8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shannonkate8.html
Latest Review: Ivan and the Silver Seeds by Ivy Lin and Walter Sattazahn

Official Review: TODD by Franklin Bonano

Post by shannonkate8 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "TODD" by Franklin Bonano.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

TODD by Franklin Bonano follows a little boy named Todd. I'm sure you didn't see that coming! Like most young boys, Todd has decided that it is time to grow up and become a big boy. He dons a red tie - just like Dad. Mommy came into his room and noticed it was cluttered with toys. Being a big boy, Todd decides they all must go. However, when he goes to sell them, he realizes all the memories attached to each object. How can he be a big boy and keep all his toys at the same time?

I have to start by saying that there was absolutely nothing I disliked about this book. I was unable to find any grammatical errors and have to conclude that it was professionally edited. This is great to see, as grammar errors in children's books will make me want to skip through the book.

Along similar lines, I loved the illustrations. The pages were filled with bright, vibrant colors. The pictures were clear. Kids will be able to identify items without any difficulties.

I think my favorite part of the book, though, was the storyline and lesson behind it. Kids want to grow up so fast, but this book shows that growing up is different than they think. You don't need to sell your toys, wear a tie, and read the newspaper all day. However, you do need to develop positive habits and show responsibility. This book did a wonderful job of showing this in a way kids will understand.

All in all, this was a great book. I would highly recommend it to parents, teachers, and young readers. It is perfect to help teach kids the importance of chores and responsibilities. As I have absolutely no complaints about this book, I am happy to award it 4 out of 4 stars.

TODD
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

Looks like Todd has some very nice toys! I hope he gets to keep them for a while longer. This sounds like a wonderful children’s book. Thanks for a great review!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Unique Ego
Favorite Book: The Tales of Little Lady M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-ego.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Unique Ego »

I like the promise of this story. A young boy trying to act grown but finding difficult to let go of the stuff that define his childhood. Looks a good children's book.
Vannaskivt
Currently Reading: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
Bookshelf Size: 803
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vannaskivt.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Vannaskivt »

Thanks for the great review. This seems like a colorful and engaging children's book on a theme that many children explore.
Lawrencewat36
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lawrencewat36 »

This book is an great example of a everyday child wanting to grow but still wants to hold on to childhood memories. I love it because I was once Todd.
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

TODD sounds already like my little nephew, who is always trying to be bigger faster. I'd love to get him this book. Thank you for your enjoyable and well-written review.

Return to “Children's Books”