Official Review: Tortured in Ashram by Prem Nambiar

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Official Review: Tortured in Ashram by Prem Nambiar

Post by Saint Bruno »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tortured in Ashram" by Prem Nambiar.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tortured in Ashram by Prem Nambiar is a non-fiction book that seeks to inform readers about the menace of microwave weapons. According to the author, most people consider victims of microwave weapon attacks to be insane because their attackers leave no physical evidence. So the victims continue to suffer without any hope of being helped.

Mr. Nambiar recounts how he became a follower of Amma, a spiritual leader, and eventually traveled to the Amritapuri Ashram in India. In Amritapuri, Mr. Nambiar became a victim of microwave weapon attacks by unknown criminals. Though the author is now back in the US, he adds that these perpetrators have continued to attack him. But what could be their motive? And is there any way to shield oneself from microwave attacks? Please read this book to find out.

This 177-page book is thought-provoking! The author's opinions stem from his experience and research. I was surprised to find vast materials about microwave weapon attacks online. Though I can't vouch for the author's claims in this book, I think his concerns are worth considering. I have read other books about covert operations aimed at controlling the mind through the brain and nervous system. And those books offer the same kind of claims about eerie inventions in science. Perhaps it's high time our authorities looked into the menace of microwave weapons.

What I liked the most about this book is its educative aspect. I enjoyed how the author broke down the human nervous system to bits. There are diagrams to help the reader in understanding the author's lessons, which I like. More so, I enjoyed the author's insights into Remote Neural Monitoring (RNM) and microwaves. Furthermore, the author backs his claims by providing links to videos, websites, and materials that further elucidate the topic. I like how the links provide authenticity and give credit to the work of others on microwave weapon attacks.

I also enjoyed the conversation style of the author's writing. He tried as much as possible to make his opinions easy to understand. He uses a simple language except where he needed to use scientific terminologies. I think some readers will not enjoy the science part of this book, but they helped the author to put up valid arguments. For example, I don't see any other way to tell you that microwaves are part of the electromagnetic spectrum. And that some electromagnetic radiations are harmful to man.

Nevertheless, what I disliked the most about this book is repetition. I agree that references to points discussed earlier can help readers understand a topic better. However, it becomes annoying when it's overly done. For this reason, I am deducting a star from the book's rating. I, therefore, rate Tortured in Ashram 3 out of 4 stars. It doesn't deserve a lower rating considering its insightful discussions, science lessons, and relevance. However, readers who believe in God might find this book offensive due to a remark at the beginning of it. The book seems professionally edited and has a few errors. I am recommending it to readers interested in microwaves and the growing concerns about their use as weapons.

Tortured in Ashram
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

At first, I thought this might be hard to read due to the scientific elements, but I’m glad to know that the author employs a conversational style of writing, so the topics would be easy to understand for a layman. Thanks for such an insightful review!
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thank you for your insightful review. I know to some extent that microwave is considered harmful to humans, but I never expect that it can be used to torture people. Also, the conversation style is definitely better than a book that is packed with a one-sided narrative, especially when it comes to science topics.
Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

lavenderbooks20 wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 18:39 At first, I thought this might be hard to read due to the scientific elements, but I’m glad to know that the author employs a conversational style of writing, so the topics would be easy to understand for a layman. Thanks for such an insightful review!
You are welcome. And thanks too for finding time to read my review.
Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

Sou Hi wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 20:16 Thank you for your insightful review. I know to some extent that microwave is considered harmful to humans, but I never expect that it can be used to torture people. Also, the conversation style is definitely better than a book that is packed with a one-sided narrative, especially when it comes to science topics.
Thanks a lot Sou Hi for finding time to read and comment on my review.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Your review has left me with so many questions, I want to know more. I guess I must get a copy of the book. I enjoyed reading your review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Wow, what a strange topic for a book! I am not interested in learning about torture, but the knowledge about the nervous system might be useful. Thank you for your engaging review!
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This certainly is a scary topic, and if there is any validity to it, I hope the authorities are looking into it. I'm glad the author listed his resources for his beliefs, so they can be further researched. Thanks for your well-written and informative review!
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

If the author explains the human nervous system, then the book is thought-provoking and educational indeed! :) Thanks for a great review!
Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

Nqobile771 wrote: 26 Nov 2020, 02:49 Your review has left me with so many questions, I want to know more. I guess I must get a copy of the book. I enjoyed reading your review.
Thanks a lot. I do appreciate your time to read my review.
Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

raluca_mihaila wrote: 26 Nov 2020, 03:58 Wow, what a strange topic for a book! I am not interested in learning about torture, but the knowledge about the nervous system might be useful. Thank you for your engaging review!
Well, not everyone will be interested in this kind of book. Thanks for finding time to read and comment on my review.
Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

Prisallen wrote: 26 Nov 2020, 09:03 This certainly is a scary topic, and if there is any validity to it, I hope the authorities are looking into it. I'm glad the author listed his resources for his beliefs, so they can be further researched. Thanks for your well-written and informative review!
You are welcome. And thanks too for finding time to read my review.
Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

Ellylion wrote: 26 Nov 2020, 09:28 If the author explains the human nervous system, then the book is thought-provoking and educational indeed! :) Thanks for a great review!
Yes..... It is. Thanks a lot for the kind words.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

I had never heard of that; I was interested to hear that there's a lot of information online. It's good that the author has this way of getting the information out there.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Josephe-Anne
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

I have also heard of people reporting such attacks. I believe that this phenomenon should be investigated so we can get to the bottom of it.

Thank you for providing your honest opinion of this book.
:techie-reference:
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”