What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
aby johnson
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: A Gentleman in Moscow
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aby-johnson.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B07FQ4Q7MB
fav_author_id: 50532

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by aby johnson »

I saw yesterday one of Jim Carreys greatest movies. Yes man. Its a very interesting funny movie that makes us want more. Each scene and characters are so brilliantly crafted and i wish the movie had a sequel or something. I really wish they made another one. I rate the movie 8 out of 10
Smile, for better days are yet to come :D
aby johnson
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: A Gentleman in Moscow
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aby-johnson.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B07FQ4Q7MB
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by aby johnson »

i just saw harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2 again for the umpteenth time and I'm still so impressed. sure they couldn't capture everything from the book but I love anything about harry potter. i give the movie 10 out of 10 rating.
Smile, for better days are yet to come :D
Sararob06
Currently Reading: Anna Karenina
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sararob06.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Sararob06 »

The last movie I saw was As Above So Below. It was a decent movie, plenty of jump scares and some supernatural thrills. I’d watch it again and was entertained the whole time. I’d give it 3 stars out of four. It’s definitely not for the faint of heart or anyone who’s opposed to blood and gore.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

Finally Watched IP man 4 recently. Loved loved loved it!.
A solid 10!
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
kimoy13
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimoy13.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by kimoy13 »

The last movie I saw was Same Time Next Christmas. It is actually showing on You Tube which had me a bit skeptical at first. However, I love Christmas and Christmas movies so I decided to give it a shot. I must also admit that I am not a fan of Lea Michele and she was the star in the show.

Nevertheless, her being in it did not take away from the storyline. It involved two children meeting on a Christmas vacation in Hawaii. They continue to see each other every Christmas in Hawaii as their families went there every Christmas. They get older and grow apart and years later they meet back up as adults.

I won't spoil the ending by revealing it but let's just say that there were some surprising twists and turns that I did not expect which made it seem that more realistic.

This is truly a nice movie for couples or mothers with their coming of age daughters to look at.

The scenery in the movie was of course beautiful as well. It made me want to just pack my bags and head to Hawaii. If only my borders were open!! :P
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

gab_variable wrote: 25 Oct 2020, 13:58 I saw Linklater's Before Sunrise trilogy recently, and oh boy, did I fall in love with it. Has anyone else watched it? It's such a good series on human connection.
Which genre does it fall? Have you watched Little Fires Everywhere it also speaks about family connection.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

I watched Little Fires Everywhere - a Hulu production.
Cast:
Kerry Washington (she's my favorite)
Lexi Underwood
Joshua Jackson and many more.

5 out of 5 stars for me. It's Amazing!
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Amber_joslyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amber-joslyn.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Amber_joslyn »

It's the holidays, and I'm a cheeseball for Christmas movies, so I just watched The Princess Switch on Netflix. I would give it an 8 out of 10. It's a predictable Christmas love story but that's why I absolutely LOVE it. These are the kinds of movies that give me a warm, fuzzy feeling and transport me elsewhere!

Any one else have a favorite holiday movie that they like to watch?
NashTanui
Favorite Book: The Trafficking Murders
Currently Reading: The Not So Great American Novel
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nashtanui.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by NashTanui »

The last movie I watched about a month ago is Enola Holmes. Being a huge fan of Milly Bobby Brown who plays the lead role, I enjoyed the movie very much. The movie's plot is not perfect but all other aspects of it make it worth watching. I rate it at 4 out of 5
RavingReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravingreads.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by RavingReads »

Finally watched all the Marvel movies. I really enjoyed them! Recommend to anyone who likes action!
Maddie Atkinson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Julia Chapman
Favorite Book: gender euphoria
Currently Reading: A Date with Justice
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maddie-atkinson.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis
fav_author_id: 84942

Post by Maddie Atkinson »

The last movie I watched was Enola Holmes on Netflix. This movie is a solid 10/10. It doesn't lean to heavily on a feminist theme - not that there's anything wrong with a feminist theme, it was just nice that it didn't focus on it - and it created a really elaborate and unpredictable plot. I just loved how much the fourth wall was broken and as usual Helena Bonham Carter was perfect, and it was really nice to see Millie Bobby Brown out of Stranger Things and into a completely different genre.
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

"Gladiator" with Russell Crowe. I think the film is excellent but very sad.
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
NerdyVicky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerdyvicky.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by NerdyVicky »

The last movie I watched was Citation and it's on Netflix. The movie is based on the all-too-common sexual exploitation of women, especially by men in power and the rape culture societal institutions eschew.

It is about a postgraduate student who accuses her professor, a celebrated intellectual, of attempted rape and finds herself at the brink of being made an outcast and branded as a liar and clout chaser. She sets out to find evidences of his atrocities.

I rate the movie 8/10. The acting is great, music is excellent, pictures are sharp but it's too long. Also, if you're looking to have a glimpse of the rich Nigerian culture, you should watch it.
ggrll
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ggrll »

The most recent movie I saw was Klaus on Netflix! I really loved the animation and thought it was a cute, new take on the origin of Santa Claus, and the ending absolutely had me in tears, but it was lacking in other respects. Personally, I tend to find that Christmas movies fall a little flat since their one goal is to be positive and uplifting. That isn't to say I want all my movies to be doom and gloom, it's just that Christmas movies can turn out rather predictable. I would certainly watch it again though! The animation really was amazing. 8 out of 10! [/b
William Wilson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-william-wilson.html
Latest Review: The VD Anthology by Various

Post by William Wilson »

I recently saw a film called "thoroughbreds" directed by Cory Finley. It followed two girls and their quest to kill the step-dad. It was surprisingly slow for such a great thriller. I would watch it again and rate it a 7/10.

Return to “Films and Books”