Official Review: Christina Powers American Goddess

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Official Review: Christina Powers American Goddess

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Christina Powers American Goddess" by James Aiello.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Please note that this is a re-review of an updated version of the book. Nothing changed in the storyline. Hence, most of my comments didn’t change.

Christina Powers American Goddess by James Aiello is a fictional narrative of the life of Christy Powers — detailing how she goes from a star singer and actress to the first female president of the United States of America. The challenges she encounters and how she goes about her desire to change the world are recorded in this book's pages.

In this updated version of the book, the author did an excellent job of formatting the texts, significantly improving the reading experience. For instance, some statements were emboldened for emphasis. Also, the author fixed the paragraph and line break issues. These were the significant changes the author made in this updated version.

The author did an impeccable job of developing the book's characters. It was evident that the author thought hard before creating each character — they all had peculiar personalities. Christy was a strong independent woman; focused and goal-oriented. She was built for the stage and designed to be in the front line. On the flip side, Michael and Jimmy were not as strong-willed and intuitive as Christy, but they knew how to manage things well. Their personality differences added some spice to the book.

The writer had his way with words. He knew what to say, when to say it, and how to say it. The author wrote the lines of this narrative like he was a song composer. One would hardly believe this was a fictional tale. The author wrote the book from the first-person point of view. I was inside Christy's head, watching the story unfold through her eyes. This was what appealed to me most in the book.

One could hardly read the book without being emotionally connected to it. The twists and turns gave the book a unique tone. I couldn't help but feel sad when the main character was sad, frustrated when she was frustrated, and happy when things were going well for her.

The book had so much suspense and thrill. At first, I thought it was a memoir, but as the storyline progressed, I discovered that the plot was too organized and well planned; there's no way it would have been a memoir but a work of fiction. I must applaud the author for creating a fictional work that looks almost like a real-life story. There were lots of actions and conflicts in the book. The conflicts were a result of the challenges the main character faced as the plot developed.

The book was a masterpiece, skillfully crafted, and well written. The writing styles the author used in the book were top-notch. The author's writing experience came to bear in this one.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the book apart from the errors I found in the book. Considering the book's volume (800+ PDF pages), the number of errors was moderate. However, I'd give it three out of four stars because there were more than ten errors. It contained many erotic and sensual scenes. Therefore, I wouldn't recommend it to children because of that. But, any adult who enjoys a good read and action-filled thriller should have fun reading the book.

Christina Powers American Goddess
View: on Bookshelves
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

Christina seems like an inspiring character. The well-developed characters and cohesive plot sure makes for an enjoyable reading experience. Thanks for the review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This novel seems intriguing and suspenseful despite its length. Probably I need to find a period when I can take the time to read it all, but I'll keep it in mind for sure. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

It is good to know that the updates, improved the reading experience.  Considering the volume of the book, readability is crucial.  Thanks for the insights.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”