Official Review: Fear Humility Acceptance by McKinley Jones

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Official Review: Fear Humility Acceptance by McKinley Jones

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fear Humility Acceptance" by McKinley Jones.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Fear Humility Acceptance by McKinley Jones is a self-help book that intends to bring the reader out of grief, disappointment, and a confused state. It seeks to help the reader find the courage to move on. McKinley Jones intends to help individuals that are overwhelmed with life, grief, and trauma. She shares her story to motivate and inspire us so that we can draw strength from her experience.

It all started when she got engaged to the man of her dreams, and they happily walked down the aisle. She enjoyed a blissful home with the love of her life. Even when they faced challenges, they tackled it and remained in love. Eventually, the peace, love, and fulfillment turned ugly for her, and that led to their divorce, leaving McKinley Jones traumatized. The condition of things put her life and that of her daughter in constant jeopardy. You will need to read this book to get the full story.

Firstly, I must commend the author for this topic. Sharing her life's experience is a brave act. This novel is written from the first-person point of view. The narration pattern puts the reader in the shoes of the author, which helps drive her message home. The reader will enjoy her descriptive writing style. The book flowed smoothly, and it was written in simple English that made the teachings very easy to assimilate. The novel is concise but powerfully loaded with nuggets of wisdom. The author added her email address as a point of contact, and she is willing to coach and help people to recover from trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

This book is relatable because it comes from a certified professional coach that has been through grief, heartbreak, and trauma. Her ugly experiences and wealth of knowledge molded her into a strong lady. Through her teachings, she encourages counseling. Here, she tends to change the perspective of some individuals who think that counseling is a sign of weakness. Readers will learn the importance of talking to a therapist and understand that sharing one's experience is not a weakness. It helps to bring about self-realization. She also informs us about the features to look out for when choosing a counselor.

What I found most interesting in this book is the fact that the author sought help and refused to live in fear. She also puts down some factors on how to heal and be transformed. We have to accept reality (our ugly past) and acknowledge that we cannot change them while consciously working towards embracing peace, joy, and self-love. The author categorically poured out all the techniques she imbibed that helped her quick recovery, such as meditation, exercising, good eating habits, and setting specific goals using the SMART formula.

I could feel the pain, disappointment, maltreatment, and fear that McKinley Jones passed through. But, I took delight in her recovery and ability to pick herself up, pursue her goals, and live for her daughter. It seems the author had me in mind while writing the book. Sometimes, I feel as though my world is crashing on me, and I begin to question God and my faith. Thanks to Ms. Jones for this uplifting piece.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Honestly, there was nothing to dislike about it. It was exceptionally edited with no typos, and I happily award it a perfect rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I believe that people who are suffering from trauma or grief would find this book beneficial.

Fear Humility Acceptance
View: on Bookshelves
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thank you for your throughout review. This sounds like a good book for those who have suffered from trauma. And since it's backed by a pro, it looks more practical and trustworthy.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

This book appears like a self help book to manage grief, disappointment, and a confused state. Thanks for your insightful review.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Alas, sometimes in life we have bad experiences that can be traumatic, and we might need some help to overcome them, so a book that can help us on such occasions is certainly useful. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Vannaskivt
Currently Reading: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
Bookshelf Size: 803
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vannaskivt.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Vannaskivt »

I sometimes feel that the self-help market for books is overly saturated but I actually think this would be an interesting read, particularly since the author shares her own story so openly. Thank you for your review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”