Official Review: Profiles in Kindness by Paul E. Kotz

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mindi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindi.html
Latest Review: The Promise by Hank Ellis

Official Review: Profiles in Kindness by Paul E. Kotz

Post by Mindi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Profiles in Kindness" by Paul E. Kotz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It is not every day that simple acts of kindness visibly appear in the chaos of our world. Unfortunately, it is human nature to notice the messiness and destruction of the world around us. However, in Paul E. Kotz's book, Profiles in Kindness, the reader will see examples of the powerful, yet quiet ways in which true acts of kindness exist in everyday life.

Profiles in Kindness is a book full of very short stories. As short as each one may be, though, it will leave a lasting impression of the compassion and humanity lurking among us. As you read the book, you will encounter stories involving children, parents, elderly people, and many other seemingly average people who daily go about their normal lives. Most people don't notice the quiet hugs, words of encouragement, and genuine smiles that are floating around out there. The author has a superb, trained eye to notice those things, though. Mr. Kotz divides this book into several sections of stories. The first one is called Eye-Openers. After that, he has sections called New Insights, Inspiration, Everyday Life, and Leadership.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading through this book of inspirational stories. So many life lessons are within these pages. Sometimes, we need to be reminded of the simple things in life, and the author has an almost magical way of bringing those simple things to life in the mind of the reader. There is a peace in realizing that true humanity can be found. However, we have to train our minds to overlook the negatives, in order to see the simplicity that is underneath.

When reading several of the stories, I was reminded of the biblical parable of the Good Samaritan. Among all of the gloominess in the world, there are those people and situations that help to restore compassion. Not every story was specifically about what an actual person did. Some are just about noticing things in life that are not noticed by the normal person. But each story brought about some aspect of kindness or inspiration.

The section called Leadership had some particularly inspiring stories that show how our actions or the actions of those around us can be a positive guidance. There is also a part at the end that lists final words of advice that will help in producing harmony and peace in our lives.

I did not find any negatives about this book. The whole concept of the book was to show the positive side of life, and the author did an amazing job of producing that effect. The stories were well-written, and reading them was a positive experience for me. Therefore, I am rating it 4 out of 4 stars. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for inspiration in life. For those who may be hurting and searching for meaning or kindness in a world of confusion, this book is what you need to turn to. You will not be disappointed.

Profiles in Kindness
View: on Bookshelves
Liz Alice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liz-alice.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Liz Alice »

This really sounds like something I should read. The idea of portraying kindness and inspiration through the simple things in life is a reminder that finding peace is not impossible if one really looks for it. Great review!
The book to read is not the one that thinks for you, but the one which makes you think.
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia

Post by Ada Ling »

Kindness is one often used term and sometimes we take granted when other people offer it. Thank you for introducing this book.
Tayejim1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tayejim1.html
Latest Review: Manning Up:(PoesyEssays Of Women's Interest) by Mr.Bigmann Grier

Post by Tayejim1 »

Reading about the positive side of life can definitely brighten one's day. This is a good book to read. Thanks.
Pearl Akpan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-akpan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Pearl Akpan »

The theme of this book is very positive and encouraging. It’s true that acts of kindness have long lasting effects, however, they must be consistent. The hardest type of kindness to show is kindness to ourselves and we have to learn to be more intentional about it.

Thank you for a deeply insightful review!
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

I enjoy a good motivational book once in a while, and this seems like a good candidate!
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

Very inspirational and uplifting. Just what we need during this time. Great review.
EssyW
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essyw.html
Latest Review: Was Jesus a Liberal or a Conservative? by Dan van der Wolf

Post by EssyW »

The book sounds very inspiring. The review is well written and it flows smoothly.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

An interesting collection of inspirational short stories that offer positive models and life lessons. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an amazing collection of stories of servant leadership, how simple acts of kindness help the world, combining unexpected surprises, and lessons learned exactly what to do. The book is temporarily free on Amazon Kindle and has an inciteful OnlineBookClub review.
Jorge Leon Salazar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

I have always believed that true acts of kindness exist in everyday life. it is comforting that there are still good Samaritans in this world. It seems like an inspirational book more than a self-help one. I'd like to read it.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

This sounds like an inspiring book! I have read a book by Paul Kotz before and enjoyed his talent for writing. It is true, we mostly miss the acts of kindness that go on around us, and even those directed at us in this busy and crazy world today! What an inspiration it can be to just give someone a smile (which they can't see with our masks on!) because you never know how someone is feeling, so a smile can literally brighten their day. I look forward to reading this book. Thanks for the wonderful review!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
SwiftlyNyx
Currently Reading: Profiles in Kindness
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by SwiftlyNyx »

This book is an uplifting, inspiring collection of short stories that highlight the various aspects of true kindness that exist in our every day lives. It delves into ways each member of society makes an impact and helps the reader reflect on ways they too, can be better at incorporating kindness in their actions. Great review, look forward to reading!
Mvictoria
Currently Reading: Midnight Sun
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mvictoria.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Mvictoria »

This sounds like such a great book! I think we all need to be reminded sometimes, especially now, that we’re all human. I think this book could serve as a good reminder to appreciate the small things, as they are often the things that mean the most!
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

It is true that sometimes, we have to train our brain to see the positive instead of automatically noticing the negative only. This sounds like a very uplifting book. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”