Official Review: Live Your Purpose by Rick Heyland

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Official Review: Live Your Purpose by Rick Heyland

Post by kdstrack »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Live Your Purpose" by Rick Heyland.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Live Your Purpose by Rick Heyland is a nonfiction book. The author proposes that having a purpose will help you overcome regrets and live your best life. Are you going through life being productive but not successful? Can defining and living your purpose help you have a happier and more fulfilled life?

Many self-help programs encourage readers to define their purpose and then pursue that purpose to achieve success. The problem is that we struggle with this first step. How do we define and know what our purpose is in life? The author has designed a unique seven-day program that includes questions and exercises to discover the best you. Readers evaluate inquiries related to various aspects and areas of their life. This guided introspection culminates in a mission statement. After completing the mission statement, you are ready to build plans and goals that will lead to a fulfilled, productive, and successful life.

I appreciated the specific questions, exercises, and activities for reflection that help readers discover their purpose and create their mission statement. Having a plan for physical and spiritual exercises, gratitude, meditation, and service to others can avoid obstacles and contribute to a fulfilled life. The most important element, though, is the relationships we build with others. Stories and anecdotes from successful people highlighted and enhanced every point presented. Each chapter closed with application questions that encouraged readers to incorporate the lessons learned into their everyday activities. The author included an extensive reference list of books, articles, blogs, and podcasts. He also shared his analysis of some of the most popular apps for meditation.

I thank the author for his generosity. Operation Underground Railroad receives a portion of the profits from the sale of his book. The book includes a free download of a weekly goal planner. This sample page teaches readers how to set goals and track their progress. There is also an offer for a free coaching session.

I could not find anything to dislike about this book. The author offered a solid plan to find your purpose and prepared the reader’s mind for a planned strategy for living with purpose. The keystone habits of happy people and the habit combination synergy reinforced the process. I did find twelve errors, but they did not distract from my enjoyment of the author's inspiring work.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. The author delivers a motivational strategy for defining your purpose and your “why” in life. Knowing your purpose changes the way you view your life, your family, and your work. The writing is clear and passionate. I felt obligated to lower the score due to the number of errors. Live Your Purpose would appeal to a broad audience. Parents, teachers, and counselors can find advice for directing children and youth in their care. Business owners and employees will be more productive when they work with purpose. All readers will be inspired to, "live your purpose and find true happiness and success," (p. 183).

Live Your Purpose
View: on Bookshelves
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Finding your purpose can be difficult for young people, and sometime for not-so-young people too, so a book that helps them focus on the best ways to find it, which means finding true happiness and success, is indeed useful. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Luluwa79
Favorite Book: Peter and the Parachute
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luluwa79.html
Latest Review: Peter and the Parachute by Nicola Ridgeway and James Manning

Post by Luluwa79 »

Living life to the fullest with a purpose is such an amazing thing a human can do without regrets.
Thanks for the insightful review.
Always seek God in all your dealings and He will help you find the right path.
LUCIAL
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucial.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by LUCIAL »

Finding your purpose in live is a difficult taks, but I am sure we can all have more clarity by writing, practicing and planning, as detailed by the author. Thanks for the review, I am quite interested in the book!
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I believe the author's approach is very interesting and the book is worth reading for those trying to improve their lives :) Thanks for a great review!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

NetMassimo wrote: 16 Nov 2020, 02:42 Finding your purpose can be difficult for young people, and sometime for not-so-young people too, so a book that helps them focus on the best ways to find it, which means finding true happiness and success, is indeed useful. Thank you for your great review!
I really enjoyed the author's approach to finding your purpose. He backs up his teaching with his free coaching session! That was a big plus. :-) Thanks for your thoughtful comments!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Luluwa79 wrote: 16 Nov 2020, 07:20 Living life to the fullest with a purpose is such an amazing thing a human can do without regrets.
Thanks for the insightful review.
It's a lesson so many learn too late! This author's logical approach to asking and answering the important questions can help people find direction so they can live out their purpose. Thanks so much for reading and commenting.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

LUCIAL wrote: 16 Nov 2020, 12:15 Finding your purpose in live is a difficult taks, but I am sure we can all have more clarity by writing, practicing and planning, as detailed by the author. Thanks for the review, I am quite interested in the book!
The author has developed an amazing method to help readers think about their life and talents and discover their purpose in life. The book is full of suggestions, activities, and examples to help readers stay on track. I hope you enjoy the book! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Ellylion wrote: 16 Nov 2020, 15:34 I believe the author's approach is very interesting and the book is worth reading for those trying to improve their lives :) Thanks for a great review!
Yes! The author motivates and guides readers to find their purpose. He offers people clarity and direction for the future. I hope you have an opportunity to read it. Thanks for commenting.
scolleen924
Currently Reading: The Purpose Driven Life New Updated Edition
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by scolleen924 »

Great review! I just read a lengthy review, prior to reading this review, and just had to reply because your review really caught my attention. While this review is lengthy as well it is completely different from the other review I just read. This review goes more into the educational part of the book, while the other review goes more into the autobiographical part of Jorge's story. After reading the first review and the Amazon synopsis I was hooked and wanted to read more. After reading this review, I ordered the book from Amazon so I could start reading it tonight online using my Kindle Cloud app. Thank you for this informative review! Look forward to reading more of your reviews.
Bookworm101520
Currently Reading: Dead Mountain
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm101520.html
Latest Review: Crooked Creek: A Comedy about Writer's Block and a Neurotic Home Owners Association by Fredrick Robertson

Post by Bookworm101520 »

I love that there are guided questions and even a weekly planner that goes with this book! Your review was insightful and thorough. Thanks for a great review!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

scolleen924 wrote: 16 Nov 2020, 20:50 Great review! I just read a lengthy review, prior to reading this review, and just had to reply because your review really caught my attention. While this review is lengthy as well it is completely different from the other review I just read. This review goes more into the educational part of the book, while the other review goes more into the autobiographical part of Jorge's story. After reading the first review and the Amazon synopsis I was hooked and wanted to read more. After reading this review, I ordered the book from Amazon so I could start reading it tonight online using my Kindle Cloud app. Thank you for this informative review! Look forward to reading more of your reviews.
Thank you for your kind comments!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Bookworm101520 wrote: 17 Nov 2020, 00:11 I love that there are guided questions and even a weekly planner that goes with this book! Your review was insightful and thorough. Thanks for a great review!
Yes!! I loved that the book had direct and concise questions that make you evaluate your likes, talents, and desires. The author does a good job of leading the reader to discover and express (write down) their purpose. I felt that he gave guided direction in this important area that many other books just "tell" you about. I hope you have an opportunity to read and enjoy this book! Thanks for your motivational comments. :-)
Eutoc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eutoc.html
Latest Review: My Ups And Downs by Sam Barder

Post by Eutoc »

A lot of self-help books and media influencers blindly chant the mantra 'follow your passions'. Little do they know that the message is really vague, especially for someone who can't explicitly identify his passion. Thanks for recommending.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Eutoc wrote: 17 Nov 2020, 10:12 A lot of self-help books and media influencers blindly chant the mantra 'follow your passions'. Little do they know that the message is really vague, especially for someone who can't explicitly identify his passion. Thanks for recommending.
So true! That's where this author's questions and activities give readers support and direction. He took the process a step further to dig deep into finding your purpose in life. I hope you enjoy the book. Thanks for reading and commenting!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”