Official Review: Dangerously Debt Free by J. Gisele

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Official Review: Dangerously Debt Free by J. Gisele

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dangerously Debt Free" by J. Gisele.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Usually, the journey between being in debt and being debt-free is not easy, and most people don't make it through the journey. It's miraculous, as J. Gisele shares it in this book, Dangerously Debt Free.

The author shares in detail the process of her financial transformation. She also shares how her physical, emotional, and mental well-being and shift affected her financial status.

The author employs a lot of fantastical storytelling for emphasis, but this book is entirely non-fictional. The experiences the author shares in the book make it educational. The author carefully outlines everything that helped her to get to financial freedom. All the steps she took are outlined in detail.

What I love most is the author's realistic approach to what she shares. It's not like most conventional motivational speakers or writers who write high sounding things that nobody can connect with. From reading this book, one can quickly see how she thinks and the kind of person she is. Her readers can relate to her on her level, especially her journey out of debt and its lessons. It's easy to believe the things she says because she is that real.

I love the author's optimistic view of life. No matter what she goes through, she focuses more on the lessons to learn in the process than the things she will lose. She has a positive attitude to life, and she doesn't shift blames to other people for the things that happen to her.

Even though the book contains the author's religious view, it didn't make the book religiously biased. She shares her experience in a way that doesn't criticize other religions or those that don't have one.

I love how the author references books, quotes, and even cites examples from movies to drive home her point effectively.

One thing I disliked about the book is that the author was too vulgar. She made use of too many curse words. Although she apologized out of reluctance, I still think that it was inappropriate. To this end, the book would not be appropriate for kids.

The book is very small in volume (58 pages long), so I expected it to be impeccable. However, I was disappointed to find errors in it, which showed that the editing wasn't properly done. Therefore, I'd give it a three out of four stars rating. I'd recommend it to anyone struggling with debt; they would find the lessons in this short book helpful.

Dangerously Debt Free
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
alsgal2986
Currently Reading: The Memoir Man
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by alsgal2986 »

I find it frustrating when authors use unnecessary cursing in a book. If it is within a character's development I can let it slide, but in my opinion, the cursing diminishes the suspected intelligence and status of an author. It limits the appeal as well as the targeted market when there is unnecessary course language. I was highly interested in this book and was ready to order it until you mentioned this deficit. I will find an alternative in the same subject. Thank you for the review.
Vannaskivt
Currently Reading: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
Bookshelf Size: 803
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vannaskivt.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Vannaskivt »

Many people could find this book useful, however, the cursing is a turn-off and would eliminate some readers who, perhaps, could use advice on their own debt. I'll be skipping this one, thank you for your review.
Bookworm101520
Currently Reading: Dead Mountain
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm101520.html
Latest Review: Crooked Creek: A Comedy about Writer's Block and a Neurotic Home Owners Association by Fredrick Robertson

Post by Bookworm101520 »

I love that this book is so relatable! I can see how an abundance of curse words would be problematic in the end. Thanks for a great review!
Molz_20
Favorite Book: How To Beat The Dream Stealers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-molz-20.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Molz_20 »

Getting out of debt is challenging and this book might come in handy to those faced with this difficulty. I wish it was free of curse words because that is discouraging. Thank you for the review
Chizioboli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chizioboli.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Chizioboli »

I love how descriptive your review is. I hope to become debt free when I read this book. Thank you for your amazing review

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”