Official Review: Crude Intent by Elizabeth Jeffett

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Official Review: Crude Intent by Elizabeth Jeffett

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Crude Intent" by Elizabeth Jeffett.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Murder, sex, hatred, love, greed, cowardice, and courage are elements that make up Crude Intent by Elizabeth Jeffett.

Alex Sheridan, a big player in the oil and gas industry, faces challenges in her personal and professional life. Her lover and drilling partner, Colt Forester, with whom she shares a volatile relationship, suddenly goes AWOL and is not responding to any texts or calls. Her oil well in Colorado faces multiple challenges — from angry protesters slowing down work on the well to a suspicious explosion that completely halts work and causes severe cash losses.

Suddenly things begin to take shape, and Alex finds herself with multiple fires on her hands in more ways than one. She becomes a suspect in the death of a loved one, and her detective friends are working to exonerate her. But there are too many players in this game. Will the truth unravel before it's too late? Or will Alex lose everything she has?

This is a riveting, intriguing story — it will be hard to put down until you get to the end. The narrative flows very fast, and we are hit with surprises at every turn. Attempting to predict what happens next will be futile, as the author weaves a web of intrigue and suspense together in this epic novel.

I loved the author's descriptive style. She had a way of describing people and places that made me feel like I knew them. I never had any interest in crude oil beyond its everyday use. However, the way the author built a story around it piqued my interest. She also made sure to be minimalistic with jargon — I was never lost at any point. The narrative was not dull, and vivid scenes were created in my mind. This was my favorite aspect of the book.

I also admired how the author connected the different subplots to create a compelling story. She paid so much attention to detail; it seemed like she was documenting something she had personally witnessed. There were no loose ends, but she still created sufficient suspense and curiosity at the end to make me want to read the next book in the series.

I should also mention that I loved the wordplay in the book's title. It was what I would call a "sarcastic pun." I found it both creative and amusing — I was amazed for a brief moment when I realized what the author did with the title.

I found a few errors, but my reading experience wasn't affected in any way. There was nothing to dislike about the book — it was exceptionally written and professionally edited. I'd rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, and I recommend it to anybody who enjoys thrilling and suspenseful stories.

Crude Intent
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia

Post by Ada Ling »

This sounds an intriguing story. Thank you for sharing.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems really a suspenseful thriller that keeps the readers' attention until the end. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Erin Dydek
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Shadowborn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 328
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-dydek.html
Latest Review: Northern Umbrage by Dennis Lorenz Ph.D.

Post by Erin Dydek »

Sounds like a lot of creative details went into writing this book! I did an internship with the oils and gas industry so this book looked interesting to me. Thanks for the helpful review!
Pearl Akpan
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-akpan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Pearl Akpan »

This sounds like a really intriguing and suspense filled thriller. I’m generally a big fan of crime thrillers, so thank you for a great review!
namuyong
Currently Reading: Primal Encounter

Post by namuyong »

i love the positivity aspect in your review despite the errors. i pass the book but good job done, looks like you enjoyed every part of your reading.
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

Excellent reads are hard to come back. And when youeet them, the feeling is out of this word. Your review even made more beautiful. Thank you.
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by onyii_review »

From this, I guess I learnt something from Alex's character. To be resilient despite obstacles. Nice review.
Uzzy_Reviews
GNerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnerd.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by GNerd »

Alex is really a character to reckon with. How could one be so brave an resilient all in one. Amazing review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”