Official Review: Evan and Friends Meet the Pirates

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Official Review: Evan and Friends Meet the Pirates

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Evan and Friends Meet the Pirates" by Chris Williams.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Evan and Friends Meet the Pirates is a fascinating children's book written by Chris Williams. It is the second book in the Evan and Friends series.

This book takes the reader on an adventurous journey with Evan, Grayson, and Violet. These three great protagonists went on a vacation to Wales. They decided to explore swimming in the sea since they are very good at the sport. It was a fun-filled outing in the sea as the children engaged in riddles and jokes that cracked them up. In the middle of the excitement comes a great wave that is overwhelming, and it transports them to an unknown land. That marked the beginning of their mysterious adventures with pirates. What is their fate? Will they make it back home? For the answers to all these questions, pick Evan and Friends Meet the Pirates.

What I liked the most about the book is its excellent characterization. The characters are all unique and well-developed. Evan and friends are fearless, adventurous, explorers, ambitious, and adorable. Children will bond naturally with all of them. Even when I felt scared for them, they were having fun and enjoying every bit of the adventure. This 85-page book is full of suspense, action, rhymes, riddles, and values, thereby making it a fun read for children.

Interestingly, this is an exciting and educational book for kids. They will learn about perseverance, how to show kindness and gratitude from the book. It will also help in building their vocabulary because the author did an excellent job of explaining words that seem difficult. Also, I appreciate how Evan and his friends used what they had learned to put an end to a fight between the 'Dirty Dog' and 'Black Bird' pirates.

I enjoyed the humor in this book. I couldn't help but laugh out loud when I saw a picture of Evan's dad with a saucepan on his head and a spatula in his hand while playing 'The Pirates.' More so, the author makes use of a simple language throughout the book, which will make it easy to assimilate. I believe his choice of words suits the targeted age range perfectly! Nevertheless, I must commend Kes Andrews for an excellent job; the full-page illustrations are impressive. The pictures are so clear and relatable, which will help children to understand and connect to the characters easily.

I'm sure children between the ages of 5 and 12 will enjoy and benefit from this book. The author generously added a glossary and pages with pictures for children to color. The exercise will be fun for children because they enjoy coloring a lot. There was nothing to dislike about this title, and I happily rate it 4 out of 4 stars. It is exceptionally edited without any typos, and it is devoid of profanities. I believe children will appreciate this charming piece as a Christmas gift.

Evan and Friends Meet the Pirates
View: on Bookshelves
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

This one seems like a good children's book. Kindness and perseverance are important virtues for kids of nowadays. Thanks for the detailed review 👌
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia

Post by Ada Ling »

"I enjoyed the humor in this book." - would like to see more books with humor. Thank you for introducing this book.
Cadalin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Cadalin »

This book is very good for the children to read.thanks you for the book love it.
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

Sounds like Evan and his friends had an interesting adventure. While enjoying the fun at least children also get to learn of perseverance. Great review!
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Greatly developed characters and a touch of humor are so important in children's book! I would love to read this one for sure :) Thank you for a great review!
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Harty Muli »

Books involving pirates have always fascinated me. This sounds like a great one in that genre. Nice review thanks.
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

I love children's book aimed at eduction and building character.
Urshi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Urshi »

This book has everything in whole for the reader of any age group and gives value education to the targeted age group as well as enhances the vocabulary of children.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I like reading children’s books. They are quite entertaining and also informative. Thanks for your brilliant review!
shamayelnur
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shamayelnur.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by shamayelnur »

This sounds like a great children book. With humour in it I bet children are going to love this book. You described the book well, thanks for the review!
Vannaskivt
Currently Reading: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
Bookshelf Size: 803
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vannaskivt.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Vannaskivt »

This probably would not have been my first pick as a book for my children, just based on cover and title, however, with your review, I might check it out. Sounds funny and interesting. Thank you!
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-nkere.html
Latest Review: Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Dan Verin

Post by Miriam nkere »

Wow what an interesting book, adventure, riddles pirates, these kids must have had a lot of fun. Good review great book

Return to “Children's Books”