Review by Fliesie01 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fliesie01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fliesie01.html
Latest Review: Inside Outside: Black Wings Series by Sharlie M. Riverton

Review by Fliesie01 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

Post by Fliesie01 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is the first book of Matthew Tysz's We are Voulhire series. This is the introduction book where you meet all the main characters and get some background on each of them. We get to meet Galen, who is new in the land of Voulhire. Then there is King Wilhelm, who carries the world on his shoulders, and lastly, lord Eldus, who is newly appointed to serve as the lord of Hillport.

This book is used to give the reader background about what Voulhire is, where it is located, and how things are done there. The first book is a bit slow to start, but it is important to read so that you have all the details for the rest of the series.

What I liked most about this book is that even though the main purpose of it is only to provide background information for the rest of this book series, I was hooked from the start. There is not a lot of action in this book, but it prepares you for the ones to follow. I like the theme of the book, as it contains magic and other worlds. The book does leave you with a lot of unanswered questions that make you want to read the next book to get those answers. I also liked that there are links to Tysz's website where you can go and read about this series if anything is unclear to you. There is also a glossary at the end of the book that you can read to get the bigger picture. There is nothing I did not like about the book.

I rate We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies 4 out of 4 stars. I saw no errors and it seems the book is professionally edited. There is a little profane language, but nothing of erotic nature in this book. It is an interesting book and, I didn't want it to end. I can't wait to read the rest of the series.

I would recommend this book to readers who love adventure stories, as well as those who love stories about war. There is something in this book for everyone. There is a mixture of magic, war, and revenge. This series has the potential to be exhilarating and, confusing, with plot twists in every second chapter. I can’t wait to get all the answers. I recommend you give this book a try. You will not regret picking this series for your next read.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
The world belongs to those who read.
-Rick Holland
jokinyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jokinyo.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by jokinyo »

I am reading this book and i am hooked. Every page is interesting. Good job on tge review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”