Official Review: Good and Evil by Dale Lisi

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Official Review: Good and Evil by Dale Lisi

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Good and Evil" by Dale Lisi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Good and Evil contained Dale Lisi's life story and lessons about God and life. He began his quest and inquiry about God after he lost his arm in a boat accident. The pursuit and study of God was a way to regain his lost arm. The book provided a detailed narration of the quest and explanations of the lessons learned in the process.

This book is quite impressive; it paints clear images in the reader’s mind. It is a book with no form of suspense — I don’t have any problem with that, though. What the author reveals makes the book a scary but interesting one. The book corrects and educates humans on the miseries of life, making the book stand out from many other religion-related materials. I must commend the author for hitting the nail on the head; he points out man's weaknesses without condemnation or prejudice.

I applaud the author's writing skills. I have read a couple of religious books in recent times and have been utterly disappointed. Most of these books were more about projecting the religion than building on a story that would get the reader to think deep. I usually have difficulty understanding the themes of these other religious books. But, Dale Lisi showed me in this book that a religion-centered book could also appeal to everyone. He did well to cater to the reading needs of both religious and non-religious readers. He showed the utmost respect when talking about people of a different faith. Most importantly, there was a story to follow and lessons to learn from the book.

Good and Evil had a central message which the author drove home effectively. He was intentional in his message and communicated it exhaustively. I believed he covered every aspect of his thoughts. The author didn't try to patronize the reader with words. On the contrary, he used words in their most raw forms to pass across his message.

The author turned his experiences into a journal and expository tool. He gave us a clear lecture on hard drugs — the different types of drugs, what they do, how to use them, and even their advantages and disadvantages. Through the book, he effectively exposed all the devil's strategies to bring man to eternal damnation through man's flesh.

I only found one error in the book, and it wasn't enough to take away any point. The book was exceptionally written and professionally edited. I'd rate it four out of four stars. I'd recommend this book specifically to anyone who enjoys a religion-centered biography with its foundations on Christianity. However, people opposed to religion could also read it as there wasn't any prejudice in the narrative.

Good and Evil
View: on Bookshelves
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

I enjoy hearing other's people's journeys with God. These stories are usually unique and packed with nuggets of wisdom. Thanks for the review, I'll give the book a read.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

I do love to read about people's research and experiences about GOD. And i'm glad that d book has no prejudice, which means D BOOK is is mqst suited for me. Lastly i want 2 say welldone for dis simple-written reveiw. bc
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

An interesting book about the power of God. It sounds like the book was clear and easy to read. Thanks for the wonderful review!
pjtsc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by pjtsc »

This seams like a good book for me to start out with.
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia

Post by Ada Ling »

Very interesting book. Thank you for the introduction!
Ogbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86

Post by Ogbara »

I sure would love to read this book, Thanks for the review.
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

I must say Good and Evil have a lot to do with all and sundry. It's a battle the religious and non-religious have to deal with. Thanks for the well-done review 👌
Deval Sodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 372
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deval-sodha.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Post by Deval Sodha »

The review says that the book is scary and interesting one.
I love these kind of books.
Will definitely read it.
Thank you for the wonderful review!
bardhaselmani
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bardhaselmani.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by bardhaselmani »

It sounds like a really interestingly written book. especially the fact that it does notchave a clear suspense.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

An autobiography of a man who went through a journey to find his redemption after getting into a terrible accident. Sounds like a good book, but I will pass on this one since I do not prefer this genre much. Anyway, congratulations on being BOTD
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

I definitely enjoy reading other people's stories of their journey in finding God, and realizing His power in our lives, if we will allow God to show us! It is difficult to write a religious book that is a good read for the religious and non-religious reader. I have to commend the author for accomplishing that! Thanks for the great review!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

I'm not into books like this so I will pass on it. I just can't get into books about self discovery or religion.
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

I enjoyed the review very much and the sample of the book. The book starts off with a description of a harrowing and life changing accident. It will be interesting to see how the author copes with the loss and the changes he makes in his life.
Emmanuelufot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by Emmanuelufot »

I will really love to give this book written by Dale lisi a try, reading a book that gives you knowledge about God and how you can embrace Him is a must read for all, doing something contrary to his will and therefore falling into the devil's trap will always lead to eternal doom,it's a nice review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”