Official Review: Heaven's Postcards by Kim Todd

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rashida10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashida10.html
Latest Review: The path from backpack to briefcase 2nd. idition by R. William Holland, PhD

Official Review: Heaven's Postcards by Kim Todd

Post by Rashida10 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Heaven's Postcards" by Kim Todd.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Losing a loved one is disastrous. But for a mother, losing her son is beyond tragic. I know that the death of a friend or family member can lead to trauma. But in this book, the author spares no details on every bit of depression, grief, and pain she passed through after her son's death.

The author (Kim Todd) raised her son (Zach) in a Christian home, and when Zach died in a ghastly accident, she began to question God’s will. Kim started to doubt her faith in God. She felt weak and hopeless. Depression is an understatement when describing what she felt at the early stages of her loss. Kim couldn't believe that her son was dead. Will the author backslide? Will the sudden depression, sadness, and pain take her life?

I don't want to lay more emphasis on the tragic moments in the author’s life. I intend to focus on the reasons why she has decided to write this book of faith and open communication.

After Zach’s death, Kim went to his house along with Steve (Kim’s husband) and Dennis (Zach’s friend). They were looking to get some clothes and CDs for Zach’s burial. And that was where Kim saw her first signs. Kim saw a CD and a coffee cup that read “LIFE AFTER DEATH” and “I SAID A PRAYER FOR YOU TODAY,” respectively. These hints were just the beginning as she also saw signs from bumper stickers, survey stakes, Zach’s funeral, Zach’s tattoo, butterflies, birds, clouds, the radio, dreams, cards, and books. Kim had the feeling that Zach wasn’t in a better place since he died at a young age. Kim often cried and lamented over Zach’s miserable departure. After a while, Kim decided to tell her story. A true story of her family and how Zach’s death changed everything.

The book, Heaven's Postcards by Kim Todd, is a non-fiction book that reveals the story of Kim and her relationship with God. The book consists of about 127 pages. Kim dedicates this autobiography to her son, Zach Edward Cruise. Heaven's Postcards is a book that exhibits picture messages. These pictures give the audience a vivid imagination. There are scriptural citations in some pages, either at the top or bottom. As a Christian, I value these insertions, and I’m happy how they seem to reveal sacred messages to me.

I enjoyed reading this book because it gave me a different perspective on how God communicates with His children. I admired the method Kim used in communicating with God. I was happy that Zach’s death was quick and painless. Otherwise, Kim would’ve had to see her son suffer miserably before finally dying. I was touched by both the spiritual and physical events that took place after Zach’s death. I was pleased with Kim for writing a book that portrayed sorrow, pain, courage, discovery, bonding, relationships, and motherly love.

Heaven's Postcards is an exceptionally well-edited book. I found no grammar errors or typos on the pages of this book. There was nothing I disliked about the storyline. The book has earned a perfect 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this book to anyone who feels that the death of a loved one is a sign of God’s anger. God works in mysterious ways. This book is free from sexuality, so readers looking for books with adult content or violence are not advised to read it.

Heaven's Postcards
View: on Bookshelves
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Kim went through a lot! I'm glad to learn that her relationship with God grew stronger. Lovely review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

I understand Kim perfectly! It's always easy to question the will of God when things like this befall us despite our ‘faithfulness’. I hope Christians get to source encouragement from this title.
honesty_pays
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honesty-pays.html
Latest Review: Oldogs by Kip Cassino

Post by honesty_pays »

I perfectly understand what the mother of Zach experienced. I have seen the grief, pain and emotional breakdown experienced by a mother from the loss of her child. Sharing such would give peace to her existence although I would not heal the wound. Nice review
Latest Review: Oldogs by Kip Cassino
Serenity2010
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serenity2010.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Serenity2010 »

You review makes me want to read this book. Very well written. Some one near and dear to me lost her son and she also found a closer relationship to God.
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

This autobiography is so raw and moving. Christians would fondly read this book for sure. Great review!
Serenity2010
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serenity2010.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Serenity2010 »

You review makes me want to read this book. Very well written. Some one near and dear to me lost her son and she also found a closer relationship to God.
Tablito
Favorite Book: The Mountain and The Goat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tablito.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Tablito »

The fact that Zach, Kim's son, passed on while young must have complicated Kim's healing process.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I can not imagine the pain she must have gone through after losing her son. I hope this book has released some of that pain. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 343
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: The Witchdoctor Paradox by Barry Tyrrell

Post by Diana Lowery »

Your review was very emotional and informative. Losing a child, at any age, is heartbreaking.
Dominik_G
Currently Reading: Secret Window
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominik-g.html
Latest Review: A Long Dark Rainbow by Michael Tappenden

Post by Dominik_G »

Even though I'm not particularly drawn to books with themes of faith or religion, I have true respect for the author for finding the strength to stand up and go on after such a devastating loss. Thank you for your insightful review!
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anusha-thatavarthi.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Post by Anusha Thatavarthi »

I like how the author has dedicated this story to the memory of her son and the way she dealt with her grief. Great review!
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like a very emotional and enlightening read for all who went through grieve or other psychological trauma. Thank you for this insightful review!
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your great review. I don't really enjoy religious-related books, but a book about family love is worth to read. Hope Kim will be able to overcome her loss.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Wow! What a tragedy! I feel for Kim, the loss of a child is the most painful. I hope she's able to come out of grieve. Great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”