Review by Miks_solon -- How To Be Successful

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Miks_solon
Favorite Book: Inviting Muslims to Christ
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miks-solon.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review by Miks_solon -- How To Be Successful

Post by Miks_solon »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you having a hard time looking for motivation to launch a business? Build Relationships? Or restore your life? This book is ideally designed for you.

How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy provides comprehensive advice on becoming successful in your distinguished endeavours. It is divided into 27 remarkable chapters, containing inspirational stories, interviews, and testimonies about getting up after falling. The book commenced with the chapter What Is Your Excuse? Where he met a man riding in a Ferrari, who you never thought would go through a bankruptcy, being homeless and left by a wife. The man recounted his story on how he recovered despite having almost nothing. While people like him were able to do it, what’s your excuse for not pursuing your goals then?

Primarily, this book aims to provide and develop ideas that will encourage its readers to establish a mindset and philosophies about success. The author added that this is not limited to financial prosperity but also to attain a balanced and enjoyable life. Because of that, this book includes building quality friendships, improving attitude, and what you’d be going to prepare even if you're at the peak of success. Therefore, this doesn’t only deal with being an entrepreneur but also becoming the best version of yourself.

The main idea is practicing resiliency, and it was what I appreciated about this book. As I read through the chapters, the book was suggestive about not getting troubled with the difficulties. This vision has become the common denominator of several interviews and testimonies, even the author himself, McCoy. Furthermore, I have learned failure happens only when you give up. That instance, where you flunked, flopped, or fell was just part of the process and it grooms you to be ready. Hence, success can happen countless times as much as you want to, while failure happens only once you give up.

It is 4 out of 4 stars. There’s nothing that I can justly complain of from the book. There were no evident grammatical errors, and I have no problem with its length. Thus the perfect rating. I recommend this to all readers, especially self-help book lovers. This guide will give you holistic approaches to achieving a quality state of living. Open yourselves with these ideas, although this is a self-help book, the results will be unguaranteed unless you cooperate and learn for yourself. It doesn’t have complicated words, so it's easier to understand.

I believe M. Curtis McCoy is admirably qualified to write this book. He’s an entrepreneur who has suffered illnesses since his childhood. He was able to overcome those through maintaining the unshakable faith; to God, to the people around him, and himself. I realized that when your intentions are genuine and clean, the universe will respond accordingly.
“Work like it’s up to you and pray like it’s up to God”
How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Sometimes we need fantasy to survive the reality"
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I am absolutely going to read this book, it seems to be so handy and useful! Thank you for a great review!
FABIAN_BATS
Favorite Book: Can I Be Frank?
Currently Reading: Witnesses to The Crucifixion
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabian-bats.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B07ZT3ZMJ7

Post by FABIAN_BATS »

Interesting quote at the end. A nice, relaxing and motivational read it seems. I would like to get my hands on this. I wonder if the author is a descendant of the famous McCoys. Nice review.
Fabian
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I am intrigued by how straightforward the title of this book is. I am wondering, "If I read this book, would I really be successful?"
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

This looks like a book that I can read. I like this saying: "Failure only happens when you give up." Thanks for this review.
LiLj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilj.html
Latest Review: The Two Worlds in Which we Live Physical and Spiritual by Evelyn Rozier

Post by LiLj »

I like the quote that you inclueded at the end of the review. Great review.
MeganDJ
Currently Reading: Mirrored Worlds
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megandj.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MeganDJ »

Yay! I love self-help books. I look forward to picking this one up at some point! Thank you for your well-written and insightful review! Happy reading :techie-studyinggray:
He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe - Marcus Aurelius
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Post by Mutai Marshal »

I love self-help books. I am glad that it's not limited to entrepreneurship but can be read by people, from all works of life.
Great review
Tonika632
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Chemicals and Christians by Martha McLaughlin

Post by Tonika632 »

This book seems very useful, it is a good read. I love how the author provided multiple resources and terms of how to make yourself successful. Great review!
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

aaurba wrote: 08 Sep 2020, 05:36 I am intrigued by how straightforward the title of this book is. I am wondering, "If I read this book, would I really be successful?"
I am currently reading this book. The book would change your mind set about success and encourage you to make a move.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Erandi Ekanayake
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erandi-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Erandi Ekanayake »

Sounds like a worth reading. Thanks for the descriptive and thorough review. Great work!
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thank you for your meaningful review. Looks like this book will serve well as an example for those who want to give up, and as a guide for those who refuse to give up.
Dominik_G
Currently Reading: Secret Window
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominik-g.html
Latest Review: A Long Dark Rainbow by Michael Tappenden

Post by Dominik_G »

How To Be Successful seems like an inspirational self-help book with practical tips and techniques for those who want to improve their lives. Thank you for your great review!
Sanju Lali
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

This one seems to me like a nice motivational book that tells what is required to be a successful leader. Thanks for your insightful review.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Wuoketch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wuoketch.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Wuoketch »

This is a great motivational and inspirational book that encompasses real life experiences and their success journeys. Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”