Official Review: The Hugonauts - Animals of Australia

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Official Review: The Hugonauts - Animals of Australia

Post by Saint Bruno »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Hugonauts - Animals of Australia" by mark morris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Hugonauts - Animals of Australia by Mark Morris invites kids to join Hugo and his friends on an adventure in Australia. Hugo travels the world with Iggy Iguana and Boobie Bird to meet animals on the land, in the sea, and even in the sky. Their mission is to treat the animals they find with love and care.

Hugo and his friends are known as the Hugonauts, and their transport is called The Beagle. The Hugonauts arrive in Australia and immediately begin to meet the animals there like Red, the Red Kangaroo, and Frills, the Frilled Neck Lizard. They observe the distinct characteristics of the animals and warn us of the ones that are not too friendly.

The Hugonauts - Animals of Australia is the second book in The Hugonauts series. I found the book to be very inspiring, even as an adult. The author's decision to donate one percent from the sale of this book to an animal charity is praiseworthy! Bravo, Mr. Morris!

I enjoyed the title's participatory approach. Readers will be excited to search for the hidden Hugo in the colorful pages of this book. Don't judge me if I tell you that I joined the search. Never mind, I am an unapologetic kid at heart! I also liked the colorful graphic images in this book. It is so appealing to the eye, and I believe kids will find the book hard to put down. I am sure children would like to show this book off to their friends when they come visiting. Also, the images and illustrations of Hugo, the animals, and The Beagle are unique and beautiful, which will help younger kids identify them easily.

Furthermore, I enjoyed the rhymes in the title's narration. One such example is, "Tas, the Tasmanian Devil, is a foul-smelling beast, that climbs and runs and swims along, all to catch a feast." Isn't that amazing? Nevertheless, what I liked the most about this book is the 'Hugo facts' at the end of it. This part of the book provides further information about Australia and the animals mentioned in the book. It also features questions that kids can ask their teachers or guardians for the answers. I believe this part will educate and entertain the kids while encouraging them to get clarifications for things they don't understand.

In conclusion, I am happy to rate The Hugonauts - Animals of Australia 4 out of 4 stars. There was nothing I didn't like about this book. This 28-page title is engaging, educative, exceptionally edited, and without any typos. I am happily recommending this book to children between the age of five and ten.

The Hugonauts - Animals of Australia
View: on Bookshelves
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

This book sounds just outstanding! I would so love to read it :) The cover is really beautiful, and the generosity of the author is so amazing! Thanks for a great review!
Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

Ellylion wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 05:57 This book sounds just outstanding! I would so love to read it :) The cover is really beautiful, and the generosity of the author is so amazing! Thanks for a great review!
It's a wonderful book. Thanks for your time to read and comment.
Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

I never even know this was a children's piece. I love that adults could flow with and enjoy the book. Thanks for this review.
wadebergner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by wadebergner »

The art work looks amazing! It sounds like the author genuinely cares about the animals and our deep connection to them! I look forward to reading Mark Morris's work!
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

I like the book is interactive. The challenge of finding the hidden Hugo in the pages adds another layer to the reading experience. Thank you for the insightful review.
shamayelnur
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shamayelnur.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by shamayelnur »

The book appears attractive to me. Maybe its a fun read with a light mood. And I appreciate the writer for such a donation really
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

What a lovely book! Your review is brimming with excitement about the characters and the search for hidden characters! The author knows how to engage readers in the story. I love the cover. Wonderful review.
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Wow, a book which you can both read and game? Children will love this, and adults can join their kids' play. As long as it's interesting, who can forbid the grownups to go back to their childhood :D.
Lilyflower-x2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilyflower-x2.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Lilyflower-x2 »

I wouldn't mind joining the search for Hugo. Sounds like fun. Great review.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin
Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

Cynthia Olyy wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 07:58 I never even know this was a children's piece. I love that adults could flow with and enjoy the book. Thanks for this review.
You are welcome! And thanks for your time to read and comment.
Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

wadebergner wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 08:09 The art work looks amazing! It sounds like the author genuinely cares about the animals and our deep connection to them! I look forward to reading Mark Morris's work!
Please do check it out! Thanks for reading and commenting.
Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

sssns wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 11:18 I like the book is interactive. The challenge of finding the hidden Hugo in the pages adds another layer to the reading experience. Thank you for the insightful review.
Yes, the book is so interactive. Thanks for finding time to read and comment.
Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

shamayelnur wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 12:23 The book appears attractive to me. Maybe its a fun read with a light mood. And I appreciate the writer for such a donation really
Thanks for finding time to read and comment.
Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

kdstrack wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 18:37 What a lovely book! Your review is brimming with excitement about the characters and the search for hidden characters! The author knows how to engage readers in the story. I love the cover. Wonderful review.
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the kind words.

Return to “Children's Books”