Official Review: You, Me... And Us by Moctezuma Braussi

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: You, Me... And Us by Moctezuma Braussi

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "You, Me... And Us" by Moctezuma Braussi.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

You, Me... And Us by Moctezuma Braussi is a collection of erotic poems containing vivid romantic imagery. The author draws inspiration from his erotic experiences to create poems containing exotic and romantic themes. The poet also adds pictures and illustrations to add sensuality and vividness to the poems.

The first poems in this collection are about indecision, questioning, and enigmas. The poet questions life by wondering what is beautiful, and what is truth. However, life remains silent by not answering his questions. He then discusses ignorance, as well as the apparent meaninglessness of life. Next, the writer creates a dystopian poem to describe life without peace. The author then writes a positive poem about the hope that acts as a voice for the human soul. The next poems are patriotic, as the author describes his Hispanic roots, showing his admiration for his homeland. In his poems, he refers to old Hilarion and Dona Rosa, as well as the conch shell, which he compares to the prince of music. He then talks about his nation, offering honor, glory, and respect to his homeland. The poet continues by writing some erotic poems about the woman he loves, claiming she is magical and unique.

What I liked most about this collection of poetry was that it was professionally edited, as no errors were present in the text.

On the other hand, I disliked many things in this book. Firstly, the poems were irrationally structured, as they were chaotic and incoherent. The poet added too much abstraction to the text, which did not allow the reader to fully understand the meanings of the poems. Moreover, the poems were monotonous, as they referred to the same erotic themes. The little variation in the text made it seem boring and repetitive. What I disliked most in this book were the inappropriate and disturbing sexual pictures the author inserted to the text, which highly undermined the book’s status.

This book should be read by adult readers who like erotic poetry. Non-adults must not read this collection of poems, as it contains sexual pictures containing nudity. The author does not make references to religion in the text, so this book is suited for readers of all religions.

All in all, I decided to offer this book a rating of 2 out of 4 stars. I was close to giving it the lowest possible score, but I did not due to the professional editing of the poems. I did not give a higher rating because of the chaos, monotony, and inappropriate pictures in this book.

You, Me... And Us
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

The content of this book is very glaring from the title and cover. I'm in love with the book already!
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

I love poetry and I enjoy a bit of spice but this seem a little too much, I will pass. Thanks for the review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Drianie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Drianie »

This definitely sounds like nothing I’ve ever read before. Kudos to the author for undertaking this daring venture. Thank you for your informative review!
AbhyarnaAman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhyarnaaman.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by AbhyarnaAman »

The first poem you described attracts me as the author has chosen topics that are so crucial to life but not talked about much.

I too would not like a book that is monotonous.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.
By Rob White
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
hadeel_1234
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by hadeel_1234 »

writer wove the most wonderful words with great creativity :roll:
its wonderful book, it took me on a tour to tell us about what is beautiful in life, hope and peace
Then he discusses ignorance and miserable life without peace
The poet seemed to have a delicate feeling that dominated my mind and took me to another world 😍
namuyong
Currently Reading: Primal Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by namuyong »

this my type of book i will consider it. i have to go through the poems. i have. just loved. it.
thanks for helping me begin it
Tayejim1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tayejim1.html
Latest Review: Manning Up:(PoesyEssays Of Women's Interest) by Mr.Bigmann Grier

Post by Tayejim1 »

I'll pass on this one due to its erotic content. Thanks for your objective review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”