Official Review: Iceman Awakens by Sharon Krasny

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Official Review: Iceman Awakens by Sharon Krasny

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Iceman Awakens" by Sharon Krasny.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What makes life unique isn't our mere coexistence; it is the struggles we face, the paths we follow, the breakthroughs we accomplish, and the courage it takes to overcome difficulties.

When Gaspare, the youngest son of Tandor, of the tribe of Ankwar, encountered a dying wolf and helped birth her offspring, he was guided by the spirit of the wind's goddess, Cheala. With his grandfather's help, he nursed the kid wolf to good health and named her Chealana after the goddess. Destiny played out, and Gaspare, being the third child who had seen thirteen springs, was supposed to take on an adventurous journey that would determine his initiation into the tribe's high council. Surrounded by hate and betrayal, would Gaspare defy all odds and succeed?

Iceman Awakens by Sharon Krasny is a beautiful work of fiction. The plot revolves around love, hatred, betrayal, and jealousy. The author's knowledge of ancient tribes and flawless imagination of history is adept. There are no hoops and holes in the story, as every scene is thoughtfully put out. The author's descriptive writing style makes the book captivating to the reader.

The character development was top-notch as the writer described her characters' emotions and made them relatable to the reader. Although the writing was in the first-person narrative and built around one central character, the author described other characters distinctively, which I liked a lot.

As a book lover, what appealed to me most was the beautiful use of words. The author's expertise in playing with words and her ability to use words to describe emotions were spectacular. This made me fall in love with this book. Each sentence spoke volumes, and the constant use of personification brought every chapter to life and made the story intriguing. Here's one of the sentences that exemplified my point:
The sun dappled through the leaves, leaving a pattern on the forest's floor.
Iceman Awakens is not just a fictional book. Concealed within each chapter are words that inspire courage, bravery, strong will, and hope.

Also, the conciseness of the chapters made it easy to read. I was engrossed in the book that I finished it quickly without any interruption. In my opinion, the brevity of the chapters made the read seamless — I'm sure readers would appreciate it.

Sadly, there were a plethora of errors in the book. Though it didn't dent the storyline or make it less enjoyable to read, I'd rate it three out of four stars. This book would need another round of professional editing to fix the errors. I would recommend it to lovers of historical fiction and adventure.

Iceman Awakens
View: on Bookshelves
Faithy_Goody_Star
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: Autism: One Grandparent's Roadmap by Geoffrey Robinson

Post by Faithy_Goody_Star »

I love the themes explored by the writer in this book and from this review, it is clear that this book will be enjoyable.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

I was intrigued by the title. I wonder how it relates to the adventures of the main character. Thanks for the review.
shreyagupta
Currently Reading: And Then There Were None
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreyagupta.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by shreyagupta »

The story line is captivating and the life lessons that the author incorporated adds on to the book's beauty. Thanks for a thorough review, book seems to be a worthwhile read.
Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

It's saddening how beautiful storylines get soiled with errors. However, I love the author's use of words as well. He has a good command of words. Thanks for the review.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

It indeed needs a lot of courage to over difficulties. I love that the characters were well developed. Great review.
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

I hope the author works on the errors to ensure that the reader flows with the book. I must commend the storyline too. Well done on this honest review.

Return to “Historical Fiction”