Review by viviannganyi -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
viviannganyi
Favorite Book: Zeus defied
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viviannganyi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by viviannganyi -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival...

Post by viviannganyi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a Science Fiction novel based on a country called Voulhire. A king had four sons whom he suspected wanted to overthrow him from the throne. To deal with the situation he decided to send the princes away from his palace. He gave each one of them a small chain of islands away from his empire, a small army, and plenty of weapons to equip their defense soldiers. In spite of the king's actions, his sons engaged in civil war two years later. One would die of either starvation or the sword in the soils of the princes and that's why when Galen got the opportunity of leaving he did that without a second thought. He traveled to Magnum Caelum where he inherited his uncle's forge and house with the help of Rowan, his late uncle's executor. There are many characters all with unique qualities and are all important throughout the story.

There are three things, that really amazed me about this book. First and foremost is the map included at the beginning of the book. The map gave me a clear picture of what to expect. Even before I got into serious reading, I already had an image in my mind of the Kingdom of Voulhire and the towns in it. Secondly, the chapters were short and very clear. Every chapter was a narration of the character introduced at the beginning. The descriptions in the chapters were so vivid, and I easily understood the characters and their surroundings very well. Lastly, the characters were each unique in their qualities which is something great. For instance, Lord Eldus being the new mayor of Hillport where Lord Orlin and Meldorath once did awful things to the people of Hillport, is trying to find a solution to the hysteria caused by the duo.

Even though the author did a great job by writing this book as the first one in the series. The only thing I disliked was that the characters were too many and I had a hard time mastering all of them plus their roles. I only managed to master a few. I wish the author would have created a glossary of names to help in understanding each and every character better.

Matthew Tysz well wrote this informative book and it's so fascinating how he came up with a new world that even as a reader, I felt I was part of it. I did not find any grammatical or typographical errors. The book was professionally edited, and I give it a 4 out of 4 stars. The format I received did not have page numbers but I still enjoyed my reading.

I do recommend this book to science fiction lovers. There are some profane words and would therefore not recommend it to children. To those who would want to learn more about the kingdom of Voulhire, this book is so amazing, and you won't regret reading this first book in the series.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

I enjoyed reading this book, as Matthew Tysz continues to leave his readers on suspense.
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”