Official Review: 90 Days to Your First Real Estate Invest...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: 90 Days to Your First Real Estate Invest...

Post by Maria Esposito »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "90 Days to Your First Real Estate Investment Purchase" by Robert Gill Jr..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In 90 Days to Your First Real Estate Investment Purchase, Robert Gill Jr. explains how to buy your first property within three months after finishing his book. The author’s belief is that investing in real estate is the safest way of becoming rich, and that failing to do so is a much regrettable choice: “If you don’t invest now and continue not to, you will be rudely awakened sometime in the future, realizing that retirement is not a choice for you.” This book is an extensive guide for beginner investors who want to make their first purchase. It covers every step of the process, from selecting what type of property you want to invest in to choosing the right location, and from making successful offers to knowing the type of loans that are best suited for your investment.

What I like the most about this book is its practicality. Real estate is an extremely complicated space to navigate, especially for those who, like me, have no understanding of this market. Reading this book has given me very practical insights into investing in real estate. Robert Gill Jr. accompanies the reader providing extremely detailed and practical tips, from selecting the property to closing the deal. The author compares and contrasts various types of properties, exploring their advantages and disadvantages as first-time investment purchases. I truly appreciate the author’s tips for increasing the value of a property. He gives thorough advice about how to paint walls and ceilings, what colors to pick, and what type of floors to use. He also provides interesting suggestions concerning the most profitable locations. For example, I found it very interesting to learn that proximity to Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts can significantly increase your property’s value, while a hospital or a cemetery will significantly reduce it.

People who are thinking about investing in real estate but are quite intimidated by its complexities will absolutely benefit from reading this guide. The author addresses the main fears and anxieties that people have about investing in real estate, explaining how they can be overcome by educating oneself through books, videos, and doing basic financial cost-benefit analyses. The writing style is accessible and suited to people who are not familiar with real estate. Furthermore, the book is peppered with anecdotes and examples from the author’s experience in real estate. The author also includes a bibliography of reports and sources that can be used for further research.

I only came across a handful of minor errors in the book. Hence, it seems to be professionally edited. The only downside I identified is that it can only be used by investors in the United States. However, because real estate and its laws and regulations are strictly dependent on national legislation, this is not a valid reason to detract a star from my rating. Hence, I rate 90 Days to Your First Real Estate Investment Purchase by Robert Gill Jr. 4 out of 4 stars.

This book is an excellent, thorough, and accessible guide for people who want to learn about investments in real estate in the United States. It is my hope that more books following the structure and style of 90 Days to Your First Real Estate Investment Purchase will become available for people who want to invest in other countries.

90 Days to Your First Real Estate Investment Purchase
View: on Bookshelves
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Real estate is my blind spot too. I would definitely read this book to educate myself on this important aspect of life and investments! :) Thank you so much for this great review!
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia

Post by Ada Ling »

This will be a helpful book for the people who wants to buy a property or who wants to be an agent. Thank you for the great review!
Callme joan
Currently Reading: HO Tactics
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Callme joan »

The title itself is enough to draw me in. I will definitely read this one just to educate myself about this particular field. I'm sure it will motivate me to work towards investing in preparation for retirement. Thank you for this great review
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

I would love to venture into real estate but have a couple of reservations. I will definitely give this book a read. Thanks for the review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Real estate is everyone's dream, but it is intimidating. The author's guidance and tips would be helpful for taking that first big step! It looks like this author explains things in an understandable way that gives readers the confidence to follow through on their dreams. Thanks for the recommendation.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I've found that I'm not as much of a risk taker as I probably should be. I'm sure investing in real estate is the way to go, but I don't have the extra time to invest to figure out how to do it with no money. Sounds like a great book. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Star_and_Buck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star-and-buck.html
Latest Review: Abby the Dog and Tigger the Cat by P.L. (Patricia) Rainey

Post by Star_and_Buck »

Oh! I love to be involved in real estate. This book might help me with that. Thanks for your wonderful review.
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

You had me wanting to read the book by the first few sentences of your review. I completely agree with the author, and so do my friends, relatives and professors. I like how comprehensive this book is; I will definitely save this for future purposes. Thank you for this review, @espo!
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Yes, laws and regulations can be very different from nation to nation, so this book can be very useful for people looking to invest in real estate in the USA, not in Italy. Regardless, thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
honesty_pays
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honesty-pays.html
Latest Review: Oldogs by Kip Cassino

Post by honesty_pays »

A wonderfully informative self-help book about real estate investment. It has a nice touch I think I would try it out. Thanks for the honest review
Latest Review: Oldogs by Kip Cassino
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

Real estate is really difficult to purchase and manage. There are so many things to consider. I’m glad that the author has decided to simplify things. When I’m ready to purchase my own property, I’ll get around reading this book.

Great review.
Saint Bruno
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

I am happy to read your and review and must thank you for your recommendation. This is just the kind of book I need to read now.
Juliet+1
Favorite Book: The Elephants of Style
Currently Reading: A New American Evolution
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-1.html
Latest Review: Your Smart Home Voyage by Gary Rockis

Post by Juliet+1 »

The way that real estate transactions are handled and properties are taxed also varies among the 50 U.S. states. I hope the author at least alluded to those differences, although it would be impossible to document them all.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

I agree with the author that real estate investment is a lucrative business idea that if well implemented, would greately raise the economical level of an individual.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”