Official Review: The Oracle Virus by Paul Michel Privateer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TCG
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tcg.html
Latest Review: The Jewels Of The Rainbow by H.F. Snyder

Official Review: The Oracle Virus by Paul Michel Privateer

Post by TCG »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Oracle Virus" by Paul Michel Privateer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Nazi's industrialists developed a virus using the Enigma machine project. A virus capable of eroding the human race. It could change the host cells and turn them into zombie cells, thereby controlling the victim's actions. Dr. Richard Kavanaugh discovered their conspiracy and decided to create a code that could destroy their plans. Soon after, he was found dead in his car. Who was responsible for his death? Was it a case of suicide?

His son, Peter Kavanaugh, decided to find out who was responsible for his father's death. Afterward, he found a book hidden by his father. What was the link between the book, the virus, and the demise of his father? He was often tagged as "disgraced" because of the gossip concerning his father's death. As the novel unfolds, an unknown serial killer emerged. The killer was mysterious and responsible for the murder of several individuals. In response to this, Peter and his team began an investigation to determine the link between the serial killing and his father's death.

The Oracle Virus by Paul Michael Privateer was an action-packed and suspenseful novel. The author's style of creating tension was incredible. Also, his scientific explanations were understandable. I was able to relate his hypothesis to the widespread global pandemic. The investigation part of the story was my favorite. I enjoyed it most because it was suspenseful and engaging. For instance, I wanted to find out how Peter and Jack Kavanaugh discovered the serial killer. I was also eager to find out how they stopped the virus from spreading. The character development of the tale was lovely and relatable. My favorite character was Jack Kavanaugh. He was intelligent and strong.

Selfish ambition is the cause of most global crises. If we allow selfishness to saturate our desires, the cost outweighs the gain. Readers will enjoy how the author exposed some leadership flaws in most countries. This book revealed how the craving for economic, political, and social power led to violence and chaos.

What I disliked most about this book is that some strange accents were used in some dialogues. These accents were difficult to understand because they were not familiar to me. Also, the author did not interpret what these terms represented. For instance, words such as 'Maent yn gallu clywed ni rywsut.' These words almost disturbed my enjoyment of the story. Furthermore, the book has numerous grammar and punctuation errors. Therefore, the novel lacks professional editing.

Consequently, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I still enjoyed the book; therefore, I can't deduct more scores from the rating. Since this book contains vulgar language, children should not read it. I recommend this book to those who enjoy crime and science fiction novels.

The Oracle Virus
View: on Bookshelves
Tablito
Favorite Book: The Mountain and The Goat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tablito.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Tablito »

Peter and Jack Kavanaugh stopping the virus from spreading was remarkable.
AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

This book is surely a good one. I like the whole conspiracy idea. I also like that this book doesn't seem to be packed with scientific jargon, which I find overwhelming. I'd read it if given the opportunity.
Amazing review. Really detailed and informing.
Live and let live, baby.
Gladys Chris mburu
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gladys-chris-mburu.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Gladys Chris mburu »

Jack makes the book indulging and always curious what his genius character will do next. They stopped the spread of the virus. Overral the book was interesting and scientifically informing.
shreyagupta
Currently Reading: And Then There Were None
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreyagupta.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by shreyagupta »

The book sounds amazing. I have always enjoyed a good science fiction with something larger at stake. Thanks for a great review.
Suesea
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suesea.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Suesea »

The Oracle Virus does sound intriguing. Typically, I'd be interested in reading it. Unfortunately, too much of the review strikes on the reality of life today. White nationalists are trying to conquer the world and a pandemic is destroying lives. I'll have to pass, but I enjoyed reading your review.
Echezonachukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-echezonachukwu.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Echezonachukwu »

Funny enough, I find this book interesting to read. I liked how your review was well-detailed. Thumbs-up
LinaJan
Favorite Author: Connor Mackay
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linajan.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
fav_author_id: 197769

Post by LinaJan »

Now this one sounds like as much of my cup of tea as they come! :D Crime, conspiracy, investigation! :D I am also quite proud of myself to have recognized that that 'strange accent' seemed to be Welsh. Upon googling, I found that it was indeed Welsh :) Onto my shelf this goes :)

THank you for such a detailed and inviting review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm not sure right now I want to read a novel about a pandemic that might trigger a zombie apocalypse, may in the future as it seems engaging. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Wow, this seems interesting. I like suspenseful stories with a refreshing topic. Hope I will have a chance to explore the book more.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like an engaging read for the fans of sci-fi crime stories :) Thanks for the detailed review!
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

At first glance, it seems a little bit crazy, but this review almost makes me want to read it, even though the typos would really bother me. Great review, thank you.
Pearl Akpan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-akpan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Pearl Akpan »

This novel is action packed and very engaging to read. I hope the story line and progression of events are just as engaging enough to hold to readers till the very end.

Great review!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”