Official Review: Health, Wealth & Happiness Through t...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: Health, Wealth & Happiness Through t...

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Health, Wealth & Happiness Through the Power of the Senses." by Kenneth R. Sanford.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Health, Wealth & Happiness Through the Power of the Senses by Kenneth R. Sanford is a non-fiction book with some of the author’s thoughts on the human senses, as well as their importance in obtaining a prosperous life. The writer employs a sophisticated and informative tone to describe and explain his complex ideas, informing the reader about the abilities of the human senses.

The author starts this book by highlighting the meaning of consciousness and existence, adding that the senses are important for both survival and development. He then uses a small science-fiction story to illustrate the five basic senses, while he also explains that cross-fertilizing and combing the senses leads to a more stable sense of being, also known as the realm of the super-sense. He also uses the four basic elements, which are earth, fire, water, and air, to show how the senses operate in the natural world. He also talks about the sense of thought and reason, which arises from perceiving information. He then describes each of the five senses in more detail, adding that thought is the sixth sense. Moving on, he describes the sense of balance, which is made possible by sensors in the ear, as well as the sense of fear, which is essential for survival.

There were numerous strengths in this non-fiction book. One of the things I enjoyed was that the author added plenty of detail and accurate information, providing arguments and evidence to back up his opinions. I also liked the fact that the author used some of his personal experiences to create anecdotes, which added enthusiasm and interest to the text. What I liked most about this book was that it included many colorful and beautiful pictures, which created a lively mood in the book.

Nevertheless, I also found some weaknesses in the text. To be more precise, some of the author’s ideas were cliché since this book had plenty of similarities to books about prosperity and the human body. This downplayed the author’s arguments, as it removed the sense of uniqueness and individuality from the text. What I disliked most in the book was that it was not rationally structured, as it lacked a coherent flow of ideas.

This book is best suited for readers who like learning about the human body and its relation to health and wealth. Older readers are more suited to read this book because it contains some profane words. Readers who follow New Age beliefs will appreciate the author’s thoughts more.

To conclude, I hand this book a rating of 2 out of 4 stars. I cannot give it a lower rating because the author has added vividness, detail, and interest to the text. However, I did not give it a better score due to the lack of individuality in the book, as well as its incohesive structure.

Health, Wealth & Happiness Through the Power of the Senses.
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

The title of the book is interesting and catchy. It is such a pity the actual book lacks originality. Thanks for the comprehensive review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
SarahShebl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahshebl.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by SarahShebl »

When I read the first few words of the book's title, I was eager to read the book. Now that I read your summary I get the feeling that it might be monotonous and contain some redundancy. I might still read it on a free weekend, though. Thanks for the conclusive summary.
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia

Post by Ada Ling »

This could be an excellent topic to talk about. But it looks the author was not successful in giving a clear on the ideas. Thank you for the honest review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”