Review by Blaqflower -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Blaqflower
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blaqflower.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Review by Blaqflower -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

Post by Blaqflower »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I have always been someone who is interested in things that are hardly spoken about, and this book feeds that interest. We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Mathew Tysz is about a beautiful and enriched city of Voulhire. Like any other place, Voulhire has good and bad people but it doesn't end there, the wonderful place also has magic.

There are people who are referred to as mages, people who possess magic. There are those who put their magic into good use and the ones who practice dark magic to get whatever they want at any cost, with no regard to who gets hurt or worse, dies. The King of Voulhire had a friend that he both loved and feared and when the friend betrayed him he could not kill him as he was expected to so he resorted to locking him up and having him guarded by a trusted captain but the friend was a mage and he stopped at nothing to get back to the life he was once bestowed, a Lord of a city in Voulhire. He killed and tormented people to get back to his life and he had the help of the city's enemies, the people of Riva.

I give the book a rate of 4 out of 4 because it is brilliantly written and the author didn't limit his creativity. This story is about Kings, Lords, Rivals and ordinary families. I also love the fact that it is a series and I can not wait to read the rest of it. The most amazing thing about this book is that anyone who loves reading can read it, it doesn't have a specific audience.

This book teaches you about life. There is a man who grew up poor and struggling all alone until his uncle sent for him to come to Voulhire and what he found there was beyond anything he had ever known. He found a home, money and comfort. His uncle was no longer alive but he left him everything he had and entrusted him to continue his legacy. And with all the money and legacy, he never stopped being kind to those around him and most importantly he didn't forget to show his gratitude to the man who made it all possible by finding him and getting him out of the hell hole he once called home.

I strongly recommend that you take your time and read this wonderful book and learn a thing or two about life. There is so much one can learn from this book and I can't imagine what the rest of the series has to offer.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”