Review by Leen282 -- Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Review by Leen282 -- Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

Post by Leen282 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I try to live a healthy, natural, ecological life. I don’t consider myself an anxious person, nor do I see myself as super-stressed. I know the stress of meeting deadlines, the adrenaline when running a race, and the tension when facing unexpected obstacles. Nothing a nice run in the morning, or a cup of chamomile tea can’t cure. When I flipped through the content summary of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kynris, M.D., and Alexandra Gold, M.A., I saw many references to remedies unknown to me. I got curious about them and decided to read the book.

The book starts with an explanation of anxiety and stress and fear, even though the latter is not mentioned in the title. The authors include each condition’s different possible symptoms, inviting the reader to think about their situation and see if these symptoms occur. After this rather lengthy introduction, they give an inventory of possible remedies: nutrient-based remedies, probiotics and prebiotics, herbal-based remedies, natural remedies, alternative remedies, technology-based remedies, exercise, yoga, and meditation.

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. At first, I was very interested in reading the definitions of stress, anxiety, and fear. But after a while, I got bored and wanted to move on to the chapters with the remedies. I wanted to learn more about this natural relief they suggest in the title. When I read about the nutrient-based solutions, I was disappointed. The authors talk a lot about supplements to be purchased as pills. The use of manufactured supplements does not agree with my definition of natural. The supplements may have natural ingredients; they still are manipulated in the manufacturing process and rather far away from natural, in my opinion. In this same chapter, the authors use a lot of jargon without explaining. In the section about Inositol, they refer to GABA. I had no idea what that means until I was a few pages further in the book where GABA is explained. There also are a few typos throughout the book, but not many and not impacting the legibility.

The book got interesting again for me with the herbal-based remedies. I learned a lot about different plants and their positive impact on human well-being. As of now, I will always cover my chamomile tea while it is brewing. The chapter about breathing exercises and other natural remedies includes many useful tips I will undoubtedly use going forward. The book ends with practical advice, easy to implement, making it an excellent purchase to keep for future reference.

I can recommend this book to anyone who wants to understand anxiety, stress, and fear. The tips are useful for readers who wish to alleviate their stress and learn about natural and healthy ways to cope.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Erandi Ekanayake
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erandi-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Erandi Ekanayake »

This sounds like a great and beneficial book. I hope to give this book a try. Thanks for the great review!
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

The practicability of some recommendations makes this book worth a read. Thank you for your descriptive review.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

This book seems to be quite informative. It’s important to know about such topics. Thanks for your wonderful review!
FABIAN_BATS
Favorite Book: Can I Be Frank?
Currently Reading: Witnesses to The Crucifixion
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabian-bats.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B07ZT3ZMJ7

Post by FABIAN_BATS »

The author did a good job of sharing his knowledge on this topic. I do agree with you that pills should not be classified as natural. Great review.
Fabian
Divergent_2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divergent-2020.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Divergent_2020 »

I recently read the sample of this book when it was nominated for BOTD and felt the book is very informative. I definitely agree with you pills shouldn't be considered as natural remedy but sometimes patients with major anxiety issues are prescribed pills. Thanks for writing such an honest review.
MeganDJ
Currently Reading: Mirrored Worlds
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megandj.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MeganDJ »

A great self-help that provides practical and natural benefits for the relief of stress and anxiety. Who doesn't need a book like that in this day and age? Thank you so much for your well-written and insightful review! Happy reading :techie-studyinggray:
He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe - Marcus Aurelius
Olabode Joshua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olabode-joshua.html
Latest Review: Natural Born Gangster: The Legend of Chris Bell by C J H Moore
Reading Device: B0042D75TU

Post by Olabode Joshua »

Sounds a bit like an academic writing but the information in it is priceless. Well done, Leen.
Remember, we are passers-by in this realm

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”