Official Review: The Return of TAU by Dan Dwyer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JKO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jko.html
Latest Review: 7 Ways To Manage Pain With CBD by David Anthony Schroeder

Official Review: The Return of TAU by Dan Dwyer

Post by JKO »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Return of TAU" by Dan Dwyer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jonathan is relieved to see his family (Tricia, Timmy, and Janet) in recovery state in a Kron hospital after they disappeared from their caskets, following their death. Lord Tau of Kronogon was the alien (and friend) that led Jonathan on a spaceship to his kingdom to see his family after the Krons (Tau’s people) abducted them to bring them back to life. However, just after Jonathan sets his eyes on them, chaos ensues, and his family is taken for the second time. This time, they are taken by the Greys, under the command of SA Janus.

Meanwhile, two fishermen and an angel called Angelina traveled with Jonathan and Tau to Kronogon. Unlike the fishermen, Angelina has special powers and has been assigned to protect Jonathan as an atonement for despising humans before she can return to Heaven. Tau, on the other hand, is a shape-shifting turtle-like creature that can live forever unless he is killed.

SA Janus, Tau’s arch-enemy, has a plan for Kronogon and Earth, and Timmy, Jonathan’s son, seems to be a crucial element in his plan. Earth’s leaders must now join forces with Tau and his Kron Army, as they had always done in centuries past, to stop SA Janus’ forces and rescue Jonathan’s family in the process. What is SA Janus’ plan? Why is Timmy important in the execution of that plan? Will SA Janus succeed? Is Jonathan’s family really alive? Find out in this book of fiction called The Return Of TAU, written by Dan Dwyer.

Wow! What can I say? I have been completely awestruck by this novel; I am pleased to have picked it up. When a story has strong protagonists and antagonists, there is sure to be an intense amount of suspense, as is contained in this account. I liked that I couldn’t predict the outcome of events. Just when you think that Tau had the upper hand, SA Janus would be two steps ahead, and vice-versa. Because of this, I was always at the edge of my seat, reading with extreme concentration, hoping that my favorite characters didn’t fall in battle. I am also pleased the author made both the protagonist and antagonist work really hard for their victories, no matter how little. The two were masters in terms of strategizing for battle, and it was a joy to read while they tried to cancel each other out.

At this point, it should be an open secret that the writer did an amazing job with the characterization. I completely understood each character’s position and motive. Each person was as unique as the storyline, which is a testament to the effort Dwyer put into this book. Also, the author did a good job with the plot, as the sequence of events was not only coherent but also engaging. There were a lot of interesting characters, and while I was drawn to Jonathan and Tau, at some point, I was connected more with Zero. I found Zero to be very smart, and he did what was necessary to survive. To think that Zero didn’t actually play a major role in the story makes the author’s work all the more enhanced.

More so, I laud the book’s editorial team for a job well done. I found only one error throughout the 341-paged novel. With all certainty, I can state that this piece has been expertly edited. The fast pace, third-person narrative style, and occasional dialogue all suit the story. There’s absolutely nothing to loathe about this read; I am eager to read the sequel. As a result, I have no reason not to give The Return Of TAU 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this novel to people who are interested in fiction and fantasy stories. However, sensitive readers that are disturbed by profanity or gory scenes need to steer clear of this book because it has a few gory scenes and use of non-borderline profane words.

The Return of TAU
View: on Bookshelves
AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

Interesting characters we've got here; an atoning angel, and a shape-shifting turtle-like creature. I'm wondering if this book is a continuation to a book I saw around here (OBC) sometime ago, Project Tau. Is it?
Nice review.
Live and let live, baby.
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia

Post by Ada Ling »

Looks you really enjoyed this book. Thank you for the introduction!
gatuguta2030
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gatuguta2030.html
Latest Review: Spirit of the Season by Brian Lamont

Post by gatuguta2030 »

A book that has coherence and strong protagonist is a plus for me.I definitely read this.
Thanks for the great review.
difu
Currently Reading: The Demon of the Well
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-difu.html
Latest Review: Spirit of the Season by Brian Lamont

Post by difu »

I am always excited to ready any book with a 4 stars rating. I appreciate the effort put in, in writing the review. I would definitely love to read the book.
Nelson Lyric
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelson-lyric.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Nelson Lyric »

Fantasy,War-History and shape-shifting!! This sounds good for a fiction lover like me.

Well, thanks for the review, it has elevated my intrest in flipping the pages of this novel. Great job JOK.
Mohammed_Sameer2
Favorite Author: Marcel Proust (Author)
Favorite Book: Swann's Way: In Search of Lost Time, Vol. 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mohammed-sameer2.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
fav_author_id: 221667

Post by Mohammed_Sameer2 »

You presented the imagined plot and character well Ann. I confirms the these fantastic stories can interpret our cognition and our deep feelings about the adventure of life and its first symbolic forms. Have a great day.
Suesea
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suesea.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Suesea »

I like that the author created unique characters and really put effort into making them stand out. The fact that you were so engaged in the book also makes it more appealing. Fantasy is one of my favorite genres, so I may have to check this one out further. Thank you for your review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems an exciting novel with interesting characters in a mix that keeps your attention until the end. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
HusainNecklace52
Favorite Book: The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto
Currently Reading: A History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-husainnecklace52.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by HusainNecklace52 »

I agree about what you said regarding strong characters. The summary of the book itself made me want to pick it up and give it a try. After reading your review I surely will.
Thank you for sharing this with us :)
Loads Rails
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zinda-lukman.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Loads Rails »

The novel seems to be having a fascinating storyline and intriguing characters. I liked that it is mysterious and unpredictable. I would like to make it my next read, thanks for the honest review.
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Post by Menace Crypto »

I'm intrigued by this. I loved your review, it has really made me want to read this book. Thanks a lot for the well-detailed review. Kudos.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

Such an insightful review from you. It's always nice to read a book that is devoid of editing errors. Thanks for the review and recommendation.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”