Official Review: Ember of Galdrilene by A.D. Trosper

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
she8178
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-she8178.html
Latest Review: "Embers at Galdrilene" by A.D.Trosper

Official Review: Ember of Galdrilene by A.D. Trosper

Post by she8178 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Embers at Galdrilene" by A.D.Trosper.]
Book Cover for 2940014415484
Share This Review

This story follows the lives of young men and women as they escape a life of control and fear to find their true talents and true selves. A great deal can be read into the novel, whether you are looking for inspiration to help you find your real identity, or simply an escape from the norms of reality. Trosper combines a few staples of real life. The intricate details about each character, like Kellinar the thief, or Maleena the young woman shunned by the people of her village, brings the story to life. The bonds of friendship are remarkable and those bonds push them to the limits for each other. Another interesting aspect of relationships in this book is the one the riders develop with their dragons.

The ever different viewpoints of the many main characters provide a unique depth to the situation the cast find themselves in. I don't want to provide any spoilers but needless to say, you find when reading an urge to move to the next character, and then the next, then the next once more in a desire to follow each and where their own unique interpretation of the common path is headed.

Embers of Galdrilene had grating of the word choices I had come to find. I continually cringe at places where references to the past tense use something that makes it sound like the characters were currently doing something. I thought that everyone should know about the word choices that the author was making, so when someone else is reading the story that it doesn't turn them off. I give this book 4 stars because it was an interesting story that sucked you in and you want to find out what happens next.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Buy "Embers at Galdrilene" on Amazon
Buy "Embers at Galdrilene" on Barnes and Noble
Latest Review: "Embers at Galdrilene" by A.D.Trosper

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”