Review by Rohit09 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival unde...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rohit09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohit09.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Review by Rohit09 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival unde...

Post by Rohit09 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a fantasy-adventure story about a young man named Galen Bray, who runs away from his homeland, which is embroiled in a civil war for ages. He reaches Voulhire, a prosperous country, where his dying great uncle was the only blacksmith and has left his business to Galen. However, the ever-flourishing country of Voulhire also has a dark secret that can result in its downfall.

I'm astonished by the way the author has written this story. Not only is the story rich in characters, but the world that the author has built feels too real to be fiction. The beautifully crafted characters are the soul of the story and give a very royal and majestic feeling to the reader.

I wasn't overwhelmed by this new fantasy world. Instead, I loved exploring it with different characters as the story progressed. The story has multiple POVs, and it was a feast to discover this world through the eyes of different characters. Galen Bray is new to this world, and everything about it amazes him. Lord Eldus Alderman, one of my favorite characters, has lived in Voulhire all his life and understands how things work, and it was a pleasure to discover new places through his perspective.

The author expertly weaves the story through different POVs, and it never gets confusing even once. On one hand, it is a simple story of Galen, who is trying to find his footing in the world. On the other hand, I was completely intrigued by the mysteries and the motives of the powerful people of Voulhire. I don't think it would be fair to say that there are subplots in the story, or that this story is about Galen. This is the story of how Voulhire is shaped by the motives of its citizens, and every plot is equally important.

I give this book a rating of 4 stars out of 4. There isn't a single thing that I didn't like about this book. The author has a way with words that makes each page magical. The book is professionally edited, and I didn't find a single error. There are no graphic sex scenes and the violence in the climax evokes powerful emotions. I recommend this book to everyone who likes to explore new worlds. If you are a lover of the fantasy genre, this is going to be a treat for you.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”