Official Review: Luke Meteor by Cambraia F. Fernandes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
angela roura
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angela-roura.html
Latest Review: The Tempter's Bane by Kyle McCurry

Official Review: Luke Meteor by Cambraia F. Fernandes

Post by angela roura »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Luke Meteor" by Cambraia F. Fernandes.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Luke Meteor is an astronaut. He flies nonstop! There is only one problem- Luke is very forgetful. He often forgets the simplest of things, which gets him into some real trouble! Luke Meteor and the Princess of the Stars written by Cambraia F. Fernandes is a story about one of Luke’s outer space adventures.

My favorite thing about this book is its message. Lots of children are forgetful, and this book teaches them that being forgetful has consequences. Hopefully, this book will remind children that being responsible and careful is always best! I also loved the illustrations that are on each page of this book. They are fun and quite well done.

While this book has many positives, it has negatives as well. It does not seem as if it has been professionally edited. It has many typos and inconsistencies with quotation marks are frequent throughout the book. Also, this book talks a lot about romantic love. While this book is completely appropriate for kids, romantic love is a difficult subject for younger children to grasp. This book could have displayed its message and theme and left romantic love out of the picture.

Because of the negatives, I can only give this book 3 out of 4 stars. The illustrations are the biggest reason that this book is not rated as two stars. However, perhaps with some more editing, this book could improve its score even further.

This book is tricky to recommend an audience for. The message and content both seem to be directed to small children, aged four through seven. However, as I mentioned above, this book does include mentions of romantic love which would be hard for that age group to grasp. This book also uses frequent long words such as “audacious”. I do not believe that young children would know what that word went, but perhaps it would provide a learning opportunity. Overall, I recommend this book for ages six and seven. It is not a perfect book for that age range, but it is a fun read.

Luke Meteor
View: on Bookshelves
Ify_Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Return to Eternity by Jenni Barnett

Post by Ify_Reviewer »

Romance in a children's book? Makes it really hard to recommend.
Nice review.
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

I can't put this to my children
Reitumetse_R
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reitumetse-r.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Reitumetse_R »

I also think romance in children's book is inappropriate.I wouldn't put my child through that. How would I answer questions she asks me?😎
The review is nice thank you
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Harty Muli »

I am also forgetful so I hope the book can help me also. Nice review. thanks.
Star_and_Buck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star-and-buck.html
Latest Review: Abby the Dog and Tigger the Cat by P.L. (Patricia) Rainey

Post by Star_and_Buck »

I like this kind of book but the negatives of the books may keep me from reading the book. Thanks for the review.
BraItu
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-braitu.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by BraItu »

This one here seems fantastical..... I like it
_claudi_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claudi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by _claudi_ »

Children are playful and it could the reason for the forgetfulness. I like how the book highlights the negative impact of forgetfulness. The Romance? It is a No - No. Great Review!

Return to “Children's Books”