Official Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
book_fanatic_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-fanatic.html
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato

Official Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato

Post by book_fanatic_ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wonder" by Jon Trovato.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you a science lover? Do you love reading about cosmos, the universe, sky, stars, etc.? If yes, then you should read Wonder: In the Presence of Infinity by Jon Trovato, as you would love it. If no, then you must read this book, as it would change your perception and make you fall in love with the science of the universe.

Wonder: In the Presence of Infinity is a book of verses that would leave you wondering and fascinated. It is divided into four sections, named Realities, Possibilities, Considerations, and Questions, respectively. Each part contains twenty poems, justifying the titles of the segments. The poems seem to build a pattern, discussing the universe and its components. Beginning with the reality about the world, moving on to the possibilities that could be there regarding the theories of cosmos, then discussing the considerations that prevail, and ending with the questions that are left behind about the mysteries of the universe, a beautiful story is developed.

The poems are written in free verse, meaning that they don’t have any particular meter or rhyme scheme. Most of them are small verses with short lines, ranging from one to six words a line. The themes discussed are related to astrophysics, sky, moon, sun, celestial bodies, memories, connections, sound, music, home, etc. Some topics may seem a bit boring to a few people, but they are fascinating.

I loved everything about this book. The language, the style, the use of figures of speech, everything is beautiful. My favorite poem, among all, is “Like a Fine Mist.” It’s about memories and connections. A few lines from the same verse are:
“…they are the network
of connections that
feed our awareness
our understanding…”

I liked how the poet has used different figures of speech, like, metaphor, imagery, anaphora, symbolism, etc. (for example, “As the fabric of space expands…”). One different thing about his writing style is that there is not a single punctuation mark (except a hyphen and an apostrophe) in any poem, not even the period. The verses end without any full stop, and maybe that could be an indication of the fact that it’s open to possibilities and interpretations.

The poet calls his poems Word Paintings, and indeed they are, as they paint a beautiful picture with words in front of the reader. There is nothing that I disliked about this book, and I would happily rate it with 4 out of 4 stars. It can be read in a single sitting, but I suggest that you take it slow, enjoying each verse at its fullest. I would recommend it to people who love reading about cosmos and elements related to our day-to-day lives.

Wonder
View: on Bookshelves
She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live. - Annie Dillard
EudoraMac
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by EudoraMac »

Slow reading definitely makes for enjoying poetry; I agree with you on that.

Thank you for this great review.
book_fanatic_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-fanatic.html

Post by book_fanatic_ »

EudoraMac wrote: 24 Aug 2020, 02:40 Slow reading definitely makes for enjoying poetry; I agree with you on that.

Thank you for this great review.
Yes, indeed. Thank you so much for your kind words. :)
She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live. - Annie Dillard
Ify_Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Return to Eternity by Jenni Barnett

Post by Ify_Reviewer »

Getting to understand the universe from a poet's point of view could be nothing but colorful wonder.
The review is well written.
Reitumetse_R
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reitumetse-r.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Reitumetse_R »

Maybe I am going to love poems after all. A second poem book review that makes me want to read more. So intriguing thank you
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Harty Muli »

I would like to read the book as it would reflect to me the wonders of the Creator. Thanks for the informative review.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

Wow! This is definitely my kinda book. I surely want to read this one. Thanks for your amazing review.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Wow, this book has such a unique concept! I love poetry and the space theme is very close to me, so I would definitely give this one a try :) Thank you for a great review!
MeganDJ
Currently Reading: Mirrored Worlds
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megandj.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MeganDJ »

Wow! Sounds like a book I would love to pick up. A descriptive and captivating piece on the considerations and questions of the Cosmos? Sign me up! Thank you for your well-articulated and insightful review! Happy reading :techie-studyinggray:
He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe - Marcus Aurelius
Miks_solon
Favorite Book: Inviting Muslims to Christ
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miks-solon.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Miks_solon »

Are you a science lover? Do you love reading about cosmos, the universe, sky, stars, etc.?
The intro is very engaging! I'm excited to know what this book is all about. Thanks!
"Sometimes we need fantasy to survive the reality"
1spaRkleBright
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by 1spaRkleBright »

I am interested in the Wonder book. I love science, learning about many things regarding on the world. I have from a child enjoyed lots of poetry. Poetry is a fun, exciting way to learn new things.
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I do consider myself a science lover. However, I am a little skeptical if I'll like the book since it is a collection of poems. I'm a bit happy though that you rated it perfectly, which could attest to the quality of the poems included in the title.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”