Review by Kemmy11 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival unde...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kemmy11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemmy11.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review by Kemmy11 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival unde...

Post by Kemmy11 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is the first book in the Voulhire series. It is a book about politics, magic, conspiracy, greed, and survival in Voulhire, a beautiful and prosperous land, ruled by King Wilhelm. It is a captivating novel filled with actions and many unique characters.

War and famine was a part of life in the Lands of the Princes as it had been on for two decades. Galen Bray fled the Lands of the Princes, his homeland, to Magnum Caelum, a city in Voulhire with the intent of governing his late uncle’s house and forage business. Galen was determined to carry on his uncle’s legacy while seeking a peaceful and better life for himself, but nothing seemed as it looked in the city. Behind the beautiful and perfect surface of Voulhire lies chaos and hidden secrets. He met his uncle’s executor, Rowan, who later became his friend, and together they discovered a stone with magical powers. What became of these two friends, the magical stone, and the kingdom of Voulhire was known as I progressed with my reading.

I loved how the author made the book quite informative, suspense-filled, and thought-provoking. I couldn’t predict the next move. It was entertaining to me. His (Matthew Tysz) unique style of writing is commendable. The book was written in a first-person and third-person narrative. That was great. My favorite part of the book was how the author gave in-depth details of the people, places, and events that occurred. I could create an imaginary picture of them in my head. It was amazing. Also, each character development was superb. My favorite character was Rowan. I loved his sense of humor. The book was flawless that there was no part I disliked. Great work!

I will rate this book four out of four stars because of the originality of the story. The author used words that were easy to understand. It made the reading smooth for me. From start to finish, there was no dull moment while I was reading. I was interested in the series of events that occurred subsequently, hence getting me glued to the book. The book was well-edited that I found no grammatical or typographical errors. I read the book more than once because I loved it and enjoyed it. I anticipate reading other books from this series.

I highly recommend We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies to adults, sci-fi, and fantasy book lovers. This book does not counter any religious belief. Hence, people of different religions can also read it. Young readers should not read this book because of the mild sex scenes and profanities recorded in it. People who dislike violent scenes should also stay away from reading it.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Olabode Joshua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olabode-joshua.html
Latest Review: Natural Born Gangster: The Legend of Chris Bell by C J H Moore
Reading Device: B0042D75TU

Post by Olabode Joshua »

Great review from you Kemmy11,
I agree with most of your points. The editing was flawless too. Good luck.
Remember, we are passers-by in this realm
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

I've liked everything I've read so far by Matthew Tyz. Galen and Rowan's freindship sounds like a fortuitous one. I'll have to give the book a try. Thanks for the review!
Books are my self-medication. 8)
Kemmy11
Currently Reading:

Post by Kemmy11 »

Olabode Joshua wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 03:09 Great review from you Kemmy11,
I agree with most of your points. The editing was flawless too. Good luck.
Thank you for your comment. an interesting book it is.
Kemmy11
Currently Reading:

Post by Kemmy11 »

Kelyn wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 13:48 I've liked everything I've read so far by Matthew Tyz. Galen and Rowan's freindship sounds like a fortuitous one. I'll have to give the book a try. Thanks for the review!
You will love the book when you read it. very interesting.
Nehal Mitna
Favorite Book: The Champagne Tales
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nehal-mitna.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nehal Mitna »

I loved that the character of Galen is so naive. The way he wonders about the simplest things in nature and normal people. How he is wide eyed throughout the story. Thankyou for the nice review.
Boonepre2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boonepre2.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Boonepre2 »

I've liked everything I've read so far by Matthew Tyz. Galen and Rowan's freindship sounds like a fortuitous one. I'll have to give the book a try. Thanks for the review!
Boonepre2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boonepre2.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Boonepre2 »

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”