Official Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Re: Official Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS

Post by AvidBibliophile »

Kanda_theGreat wrote: 09 Aug 2020, 21:14 Your analysis of the book is very comprehensive. It allowed me to glimse through the stylistic devices, thematic concerns and the background details that have been included in the book. I enjoy reading your reviews.
Great work!
Greatly appreciate the positive and uplifting feedback! Glad you found reading this one to be enjoyable and beneficial. Hope you have a lovely day!
AvidBibliophile

Vic Chimezie wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 02:24 I enjoyed reading your review. I know whom I have to recommend this book to. Good job!
Thanks so much, and I hope you get it forwarded on and suggested to the perfect person! It was entertaining to read about these illustrated sub experiences in the classroom.
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

The only concept of substute teaching that I know comes from watching television. This book is really informative. Thanks for this review.
Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

I can definitely tell how teachers could have some fun reading time with this comical book. I can imagine them relieving their stress by reading it and coloring the comics. Thank you for your excellent review!
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

I always love a read that shines a light on a topic or a character that we don't see often enough. Kudos to all sub teachers out there. Lovely and informative review.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
AvidBibliophile

Magnify3 wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 07:41 The only concept of substute teaching that I know comes from watching television. This book is really informative. Thanks for this review.
My limited exposure to the profession has been influenced by much of the same. This was an eye-opening and humorous account of several scenarios!
AvidBibliophile

espo wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 07:58 I can definitely tell how teachers could have some fun reading time with this comical book. I can imagine them relieving their stress by reading it and coloring the comics. Thank you for your excellent review!
I think teachers, especially, could find so many identifiable similarities and comical scenes of realistic agreement with this one! And who doesn’t love a title that can serve double-duty as a therapeutic coloring book?! Thanks for the sweet words :crayon:
AvidBibliophile

AntonelaMaria wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 15:52 I always love a read that shines a light on a topic or a character that we don't see often enough. Kudos to all sub teachers out there. Lovely and informative review.
This definitely places the bravery of substitute teachers into a whole new light! Kudos indeed, they deserve so much recognition among the various groups of educators out there. Thanks for the kind comment!
Croc_81
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-croc-81.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Croc_81 »

I love the use of humor to inform in a subtle way, so this one seems really lovely! Thanks for your wonderful review.
AvidBibliophile

Croc_81 wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 17:18 I love the use of humor to inform in a subtle way, so this one seems really lovely! Thanks for your wonderful review.
Even adults can benefit from escaping into a comical picture book sometimes... Appreciate you reading the review and sharing your thoughts!
Damis Seres Rodriguez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis-seres-rodriguez.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Damis Seres Rodriguez »

This is certainly different than what I usually read. But the book sounds quite good, might give it a try. Thanks for the review!
AvidBibliophile

damis wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 17:53 This is certainly different than what I usually read. But the book sounds quite good, might give it a try. Thanks for the review!
It was a comical little book of real-life classroom experiences that both shocked and entertained! Gave me an even greater appreciation for educators and what they must tolerate on the regular. Thanks for the kind comment!
Bibliogn0st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibliogn0st.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B07Q3T2RZF

Post by Bibliogn0st »

I loved reading this book so much. The comical interpretation of daily issues as a sub was delightful to read. I appreciate your thorough analysis of almost every comical square. I enjoyed reading your point of view on the book. Thank you for the review.
AvidBibliophile

Bibliogn0st wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 07:34 I loved reading this book so much. The comical interpretation of daily issues as a sub was delightful to read. I appreciate your thorough analysis of almost every comical square. I enjoyed reading your point of view on the book. Thank you for the review.
Aww, well I’m thrilled you enjoyed it too! It seemed like there was a new bit of humor assigned to every page. I greatly appreciate your kind words and feedback. :apple:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”