Can anyone reccomend a good Netflix movie or series?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
bakameansidiot
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Can anyone reccomend a good Netflix movie or series?

Post by bakameansidiot »

If your into the coming of age genre with a bit of genre and cute moments, I recommend Never Have I Ever. It's an amazing show. The trailer is very different than the movie, though, in a good way. The only downside of the show is the narration is very unnecessary.
a_r_egerton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-r-egerton.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by a_r_egerton »

If you like reality competition shows, you may want to check out Next in Fashion or Sugar Rush. The former is Netflix's answer to Project Runway but minus a lot of unnecessary and boring drama. The latter features bakers who specialize in fancy desserts.
Charity Damaris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Charity Damaris »

I would say Locke & Key it is based on the comic book, this drama follows three siblings who return to their family home, only to realize that they have magical powers.
Tonze
Currently Reading: Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonze.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by Tonze »

If you like action movies I recommend you to watch "The blindspot".
It is about a women with tattoo on all her body and she was cleared all her memories at the point that she doesn't even know what she real is by A group of people which was against government and they put her inside a closed bag and throw her at bus station and on the bag it was written that it who ever found that baggage send it to FBI.
It really a good one!
Zainabreadsnow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainabreadsnow.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Zainabreadsnow »

I recommend Sex Education. It is a very light-hearted, funny show about things that we all struggle with as teenagers. It's very progressive and opens doors to lots of conversations.
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

Fleabag if you’re into comedy especially dry humor

Dark for some seriously mind-bending storyline
Rach322018

Post by Rach322018 »

I reccomend "Lucifer" for a more drama/action tv show, for a comedy series would say "Grace & Frankie".
mpsmaster
Favorite Book: Think and grow rich
Currently Reading: As a Man Thinketh
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mpsmaster.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by mpsmaster »

If you like vampire tipe of movie: Castlevania. Great piece of work!
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.”
jerimiahsebastian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerimiahsebastian.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by jerimiahsebastian »

Kreproxxy wrote: 26 Feb 2020, 19:17 All depends on what you'd like to watch. But All american isn't a bad choice. And in my opinion it's a perfect one and really emotionally packed.
Yeah! I watched all American too I enjoyed it so much currently waiting for season 3
jerimiahsebastian
Currently Reading:

All american is a good Netflix series. It's about a high school senior whose father left him, his brother turned out he wanted to be a footballer, was pretty good at it too. All depends on your likes tho
jerimiahsebastian
Currently Reading:

Zainabreadsnow wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 11:27 I recommend Sex Education. It is a very light-hearted, funny show about things that we all struggle with as teenagers. It's very progressive and opens doors to lots of conversations.
Heard of it and seen a few clips on YouTube I'd probably give a try!
Uditisrg

Post by Uditisrg »

If you like rom coms which have a looott of drama then you should watch Gossip Girls. If you like thrillers then you should watch Money Heist. If you like sad movies then 13 Reasons Why. If you like comedy then you should watch New Girl, Friends, Schitts Creek and That 70s Show.
swaranjalishinde
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by swaranjalishinde »

If you are interested in mystery and fiction you should definitely watch Stranger Things. If you are interested in mystery or heists then you must watch money heist. And if you are into young adult then Riverdale is a good show.
kimoy13
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimoy13.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by kimoy13 »

Hey, I will highly recommend Kingdom on Netflix. It's a series. It deals with MMA fighting and family life. It was beautifully expressed. If I could give it a 10 out of 5 stars I would!!

It was just amazing. It was by no means just about fighting as so many issues are explored in it: family life, love, betrayal, drug abuse, homosexuality and the list goes on.

I urge you to give it a shot. You will not regret it. I was never even a Jonas Brother fan and now I can appreciate Nick Jonas. He is in it and my goodness he executed his role perfectly. There are 3 seasons and I find myself praying (almost literally) for there to be a Season 4!!
Wangui07

Post by Wangui07 »

I'd reccomend "Dark desire" if you dont mind subtitles. I enjoyed it.

Return to “Films and Books”