Review by Anngladys -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anngladys
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anngladys.html
Latest Review: Christ Without a Bride by Michael J. Ray

Review by Anngladys -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Anngladys »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Empowered" by Dominica Lumazar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dominica Lumazar’s Empowered: The Business Owner's Guide to Leadership and Success is a brilliant guide for small business owners. It will help them greatly as the read the author’s tips on business, leadership and marketing. The author, Dominica Lumazar, shares her own journey and experiences in the book in a candid, friendly manner. She comes across as approachable and easy to talk to should the reader want to contact her. She presents the information and lessons that she has learnt in a way that feels conversational, rather than in an overbearing manner.

Some things stood out for me. She says that it’s okay to rebrand to suit your growing customers and their needs. She encourages readers that they can stop working on what’s not working. For example, if a certain product isn’t selling, it’s okay to get it off the shelf and focus on something new that will sell. She also says that it’s good to let go of customers who may not be good for the business. In addition, she says that it is okay to not take on potential customers who may not afford your services. That’s not the right customer for you, she advises. Let them go and you will find compatible customers.

She also talks about giving discounts but warns that as you do so, be careful not to spoil your brand image. Speaking of branding, she mentions that it is good to create a wonderful atmosphere and experience for your customers. This should be done both online and offline. She gives a few tips on creating a brand’s visual image such as the use of colours. She highlights that it is important to know your target market well and prepare your graphics and image to suit them.

I like that the book covers a range of topics helpful to business owners. All business owners need to know about business, leadership and marketing to grow their businesses. I also like that the author shares bonuses and directs readers to where they can get them. She is also open to direct contact from the readers, which is something else that I liked.

There was nothing I disliked about this exceptional book.

I give this book four out of four stars because it was professionally edited and has great and useful content. If the readers applied the lessons, they would see the impact on their businesses. Therefore, I would heartily recommend this book to those interested in taking actions towards building their business, leadership and marketing skills.

Empowered
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
gatuguta2030
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gatuguta2030.html
Latest Review: Spirit of the Season by Brian Lamont

Post by gatuguta2030 »

A good book for me as an entrepreneur.
Great review.
Olabode Joshua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olabode-joshua.html
Latest Review: Natural Born Gangster: The Legend of Chris Bell by C J H Moore
Reading Device: B0042D75TU

Post by Olabode Joshua »

Hmmm a business book narrated in a friendly way! That's refreshing. I'm definitely interested in this book. Good job!
Remember, we are passers-by in this realm
derialist
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-derialist.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by derialist »

From your description, it has a lot of helpful advice for business owners, aspiring entrepreneurs and practising business men and women alike. Also, to people bearing management responsibilities and a business's branding. Nice review!
TasiWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tasiwin.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by TasiWin »

I love a good book with business advice. I really enjoyed the review
Rael C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rael-c.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rael C »

A nice review,you've narrated it in a layman's language yet it's a business book.This is awesome.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”