Official Review: In Case I'm Murdered by April Hardy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Seemore the Seagull by Ralph Tufo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: In Case I'm Murdered by April Hardy

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "In Case I'm Murdered" by April Hardy.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

IN CASE I’M MURDERED What You Should Know About Stalking, Domestic Violence, Sexual Abuse, & How to Stay Safe is an empowering book written by April Hardy. The book targets battered victims of abuse and domestic violence. It intends to make people aware of their circumstances and help them fight back. It explains how people can protect themselves, take control of their lives, and move on.

The book contains chapters that describe the different kinds of domestic violence, stalking and sexual exploitation. After each topic, the author correlates those issues with her experiences. She also mentions the mistakes she made that she could have avoided. The book provides tips on how to stop abuse and fight it back. The author has done thorough research and has provided appropriate statistics about many abusive cases and fatalities. Most often, the victims are women. However, this book can also benefit abused men. The author concludes the book by emphasizing that the best way to stop abuse is to avoid abusive people. She encourages people to be vigilant and step out of a relationship before it is too late.

What I liked most about this book is that the author has listed down details for each issue. These lists make the book an ultimate guide, as it is easy to follow. The topic of technology and how the internet intrudes on our private space is horrifying and informative. There is a whole chapter about how women can protect themselves and their homes by being aware and prepared. The author has added a safety planner for those who cannot retreat from an abusive relationship.

There is nothing that I disliked about this book. It encourages us to be watchful of our surroundings and figure out if we are victims of an abusive relationship. It advises women to believe in their intuitions and to keep an account of any abuse they face so that they can report it. It brings to light the gap in our system and the numerous problems that people face while reporting domestic violence or abuse. The author asserts that people should speak up and seek help when they are in an abusive relationship. Counseling and believing in God can help people recover from emotional damage.

The book is well-written, but the editing could have been better. Due to this, I give it 3 out of 4 stars. I strongly recommend the book to anyone who is above 18 years, especially women. Victims of abuse should read this book to prepare themselves and take appropriate action.

In Case I'm Murdered
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

Abusive relationships can take a toll on someone's mental health and self-esteem. It's better to stand up and speak before it's too late. I hope this book really teaches the intended audience to not hold anything and fight back. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Amaraah
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amaraah.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Amaraah »

Wow! Would love to read this book. I think the book would teach its audience on how to speak up in cases of domestic violence
Shatara-5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shatara-5 »

This book can help save someone's life and help them also see early signs of abuse so that they would be able to avoid it. If already in an abusive relationship it can also tell you how to get out. We are human we go through things and sometimes the worse things we go through makes a better person especially after being a survivor and become a blessing to someone.
Wy_Bertram
Favorite Book: 1984
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wy-bertram.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Wy_Bertram »

Interesting title. I expected something else entirely before reading the cover. It sounds informative, and the author is quite brave for sharing her own experiences. Good work.
Vic Chimezie
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vic-chimezie.html
Latest Review: All The Good Little Girls Keep Quiet by K. Kibbee

Post by Vic Chimezie »

Flee from abusive relationships. Thank you very much for your detailed and insightful review. I enjoyed reading it!
Vogan
Favorite Author: L.J Smith
Currently Reading: Fatal Flaws
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vogan.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye
fav_author_id: 4017

Post by Vogan »

Amazing! This review is great and I can't wait to start reading this book.
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

This book will be very helpful to everyone. We all need to be careful of our surroundings and abusive people. I commend the author for deciding to write this book. Great review!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
gatuguta2030
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gatuguta2030.html
Latest Review: Spirit of the Season by Brian Lamont

Post by gatuguta2030 »

No one should put up with an abusive partner.
Great review.
Teele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teele.html
Latest Review: More Hype Than Glory by Tom Hyde

Post by Teele »

The book targets battered victims of abuse and domestic violence.
These issues are becoming widespread. Thanks for a concise review.
Sabi_10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Sabi_10 »

Thank you for the brilliant review. I would like to recommend this to someone I know.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”