Official Review: The Good Fight by Shareta Green

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Official Review: The Good Fight by Shareta Green

Post by Elvis Best »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Good Fight" by Shareta Green.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Good Fight, written by Shareta Green, is a Christian book that aims to help those struggling in life. It also aims to show the reader that God is the source of everything. And in the author’s words, The Good Fight "will show you how to stand and win your battles, have hope, and walk in victory with Christ."

Throughout the book, Shareta discusses various topics, such as identity, relationships, and health. She backs up most of her teachings with Bible quotations and also shares her own experiences and opinions. At the end of every chapter, there is a set of questions that the reader is asked to answer about their life. This turns The Good Fight into a workbook that helps the reader work through their life struggles.

The one thing I liked most about the book was the author’s inclusion of her life experiences. Before Shareta started sharing her experiences, The Good Fight felt a bit boring to me, mostly because I could not relate to the words of the author. But as soon as she shared her first opinion, my face lit up, as I could finally feel a connection to what I was reading. It felt as though she understood what I was going through.

My favorite part was when she shared her thoughts on young people, socializing, and friendships. She helped me to understand exactly what I was going through and why. To give some perspective, I quit social media some time ago because I felt it was not good for my mental health, and Shareta confirmed that my fears were not at all unsubstantiated. She writes,

“Between the ages of 15 to 24, suicide ranked as the 2nd most leading cause of death . . . Research was done on some underlying probable causes, which were opioid use and social media.”

This brings me to my next point. I believe the book was well-researched, as the author not only shared her opinions but also backed up everything she wrote with statistics from trusted sources. This meant I could always check the veracity of her statements, and that increased my trust in her words. Furthermore, I enjoyed the inclusion of several Bible quotations at the end of every chapter. The words were mostly inspirational, and they affected me deeply.

Considering the aforementioned points, I rate The Good Fight 4 out of 4 stars. There was nothing to dislike about the book, and I believe it was professionally edited, as I found just a few errors in it. I would recommend it to Christians who are going through tough times. Non-religious people may not like the book, as it is written from the Christian perspective.

The Good Fight
View: on Bookshelves
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

I really liked the way you included your story in the review. I can see that this book really connected with you well. Thanks for the amazing review.
Star_and_Buck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star-and-buck.html
Latest Review: Abby the Dog and Tigger the Cat by P.L. (Patricia) Rainey

Post by Star_and_Buck »

The book seems great and review is a good one. The only thing I didn't like about the book is it includes teachings from the Bible. I find a lot of difficulty in reading these books cuz I don't know anything about the Christian religion. Anyway, the review is great.
Amaraah
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amaraah.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Amaraah »

This review is quite interesting and nice, would really love to read this
Nelson Reviews
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelson-reviews.html
Latest Review: Puzzle of Fate by A. Reza Kamarei
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Nelson Reviews »

The book sounds like an awesome read already! Due to your well-written review. You have outlined all the necessary significances which are to expect in the book. I Love the fact that it is written from a Christian perspective.
Simplicity is the Voice of My Personality :reading-6:
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I enjoyed reading your summary of the book. The fact that it's based on true experiences of the author makes me more interested in it.
Nice review.
Miks_solon
Favorite Book: Inviting Muslims to Christ
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miks-solon.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Miks_solon »

Well-written review. Good job!
"Sometimes we need fantasy to survive the reality"
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like a very useful and enlightening read that really helps in difficult situations. Thanks for a great review and stay strong!
Teele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teele.html
Latest Review: More Hype Than Glory by Tom Hyde

Post by Teele »

I love informative books. Good review.
Olabode Joshua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olabode-joshua.html
Latest Review: Natural Born Gangster: The Legend of Chris Bell by C J H Moore
Reading Device: B0042D75TU

Post by Olabode Joshua »

Oh, I like this book already. A book that talks about everyday life from a spiritual perspective. Great review
Remember, we are passers-by in this realm
Misty20058
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misty20058.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben

Post by Misty20058 »

I have not started reading this book yet, but after your review I can't wait. It sounds like a truly enlightening book that would be a must read when in times of struggle.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I appreciated the way you commented on how the book affected you. The author knows how to connect with readers. This sounds like an interesting read. Thanks for the moving recommendation!
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

This non-fiction book seems very inspiring and motivational. I'm not religious, so I don't know if I'm going to read it. However, I love it when we are able to see that the author researched a lot about the book's topic, it really shows how they are dedicated. Thanks for the informative review. Great job!
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

Great review and thanks for the recommendation ! I like the title and cover of the booK too.
TADSAILS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tadsails.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by TADSAILS »

My interest in people's concept of spirituality is little. I would pass on this, excellent review

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”