Review by bookreviewmi1111 -- Creating Literary Stories:...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Review by bookreviewmi1111 -- Creating Literary Stories:...

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you want to learn how to write fiction books that attract readers, then Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles will be helpful to you.

Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide is a book written specifically for those who want to learn how to write good stories and create good characters for their stories. This book consists of two main parts: "Book One" and "Book Two". The first part teaches readers to build characters, dramas, conversations, and humor while telling stories to keep audiences' attention. The second part of the book teaches readers how to be great at storytelling and how to create emotional stories.

I used to read a book written by William H. Coles named "The Illustrated Fiction of William H. Coles 2000-2012," and that was one of the best fiction books I had ever read. Doubtless, he is one of the most qualified fiction authors in the world at the moment. While reading this book, I understood more about his talent. I believe this book can help you so much if you are learning about how to write good fictional stories.

The author started each chapter with the definitions of different words related to writing, and I appreciated it. What I loved most about this book was that he used one old story called "Little Red Riding Hood" to make readers understand more about character-based plot. With in-depth explanations, I think most people would find this book easy to understand and follow.

As much as I like this book, it is not perfect. This book may be a little short for those who are serious about building a real career as a professional writer. I appreciate that the author used the "Little Red Riding Hood" story to make one of his lessons easier to understand. However, most of the other parts of this book did not do the same thing. While reading, I hoped that I could see more stories used as examples, but there were not enough of them. If the author could add more examples to each of his small lessons, this book would be flawless.

Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide is an informative book. Even though I hope this book could provide more examples in every small chapter, its rest is exceptional. This book is professionally edited, and I am happy to rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to anyone interested in writing literary fictional books.

Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
riyosha
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riyosha.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by riyosha »

Nice review!
If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

I enjoyed reading the book to and your review of it it well written and very detailed.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
Teddyquam
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teddyquam.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Teddyquam »

I hope to write my own fiction books in the future. I also read William's short stories and I can see how he would be able to provide valuable advice on fiction writing. That book was great!
Do you ever feel like you spend too much time reading? Yeah. Me neither. :lol:
:reading-4:
victoriasimons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriasimons.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by victoriasimons »

I also loved reading William H. Coles book of illustrated short stories so was curious to see what reviewers thought of this book. Thank you for the insightful review!
Chickenwings00
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chickenwings00.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Chickenwings00 »

This is an exciting book that very meaningful to the reader. I’m glad I did enjoy it.
QuirkyPenn
Favorite Book: Winter of the World
Currently Reading: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quirkypenn.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by QuirkyPenn »

I also enjoy reading William H. Coles novels and this sounds like an excellent book for aspiring writers to read.
xsquare
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xsquare.html
Latest Review: Kitty and Kat - MiceQuest by Robert Beals III

Post by xsquare »

Sounds like an informational goldmine for aspiring fiction writers. Thanks for the insightful review!
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I'd def love to learn how to write really good fiction stories. Thanks for this insightful review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for reviewing. I've never thought that there would be books to show guidance about how to write a book. This would be useful for those who want to start their writing career.
Akinsemoyin Adeola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinsemoyin-adeola.html
Latest Review: A Secret Life by Mina Bancheva

Post by Akinsemoyin Adeola »

I agree with you that William H. Coles is a talented writer. I just finished one of his books and I loved it. Lovely review by the way.
Alice Ngugi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-ngugi.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Alice Ngugi »

William H. Cole's credibility on teaching how to write fictional stories is totally justified. I would absolutely love to read his insights. He is such a wonderful and talented writer from the samples of his books I have read. Great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”