Official Review: Happiness In Quantum Leaps by Aura McClain

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Standor5865
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-standor5865.html
Latest Review: The 2021 Chronicles by A Glenn Rose

Official Review: Happiness In Quantum Leaps by Aura McClain

Post by Standor5865 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Happiness In Quantum Leaps" by Aura McClain.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Happiness in Quantum Leaps: De-Stressing Without Drugs! by Aura McClain is a self-help guide that focuses on attaining joy and peace. A lot of people are suffering from different illnesses, including cancer and high blood pressure. Divorce rates are going up. Studies have even shown that antidepressant use in the US has increased by 65% in 15 years. Over three parts focusing on the role the mind, body, and spirit play in helping us overcome these challenges, Aura maintains that we can enjoy living a healthy and happy life without drugs.

There are a lot of concepts in this book that piqued my interest. Employing a simple and clear language, the author explores the similarities between religion and science. The book mostly explores Christianity, but the lessons can be applied by anyone regardless of their faith. The law of conservation of energy is discussed in relation to the spiritual to prove the existence of God and how we are one with Him. The concept of our thoughts as a type of energy is also a recurrent theme throughout the book, and this was what I found most interesting. The author explicitly shows us how we can harness the power of our thoughts through positive thinking, forgiveness, and love.

Furthermore, the author employs personal stories while passing her message across. She has been through quite a lot as a victim of physical abuse from her father. She also had a brain tumor and went through tough times in marriage. These challenges, and other everyday life struggles she discussed, made it easier for me to relate to her lessons and see how they can be applied in practical terms. In this book, Aura bares it all.

There are a couple of things discussed that I have heard about and even put into practice, like meditation, affirmations, and keeping a journal of your goals. It was reassuring to see that I have been on the right track with those practices. The book is also repetitive in a lot of its messages. I consider this as a positive feature, as it serves to remind readers of things they may have forgotten while reading through the text.

While this was an excellent read for me, there were a few concerns. The first issue I had with the book was its editing. I found a lot of grammatical errors while reading, but the author's message kept me going. The author also occasionally comes across as overly suggestive, especially when discussing the government's role in encouraging people to purchase and depend on harmful drugs, and I would have preferred a more objective view from the author in those instances.

Overall, Happiness in Quantum Leaps is a great book. It is well referenced and includes self-assessment information. There is a lot to learn from it, and if readers put the right amount of effort into applying the author's lessons, I do not doubt that they will experience improvements in life. The grammatical errors found in the book mean that I will have to settle for rating the book 3 out of 4. I would recommend this book to people that are willing to put in the work to live healthy and happy lives. Fans of books about self-discovery will also enjoy this book.

Happiness In Quantum Leaps
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Post by Praise GodWord »

When it has to do with depression, I'm quite interested. This book promises so much for readers. Especially those going through some sought of emotional hysteria.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”