Official Review: The All is an Egg by Urban Vyaas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Official Review: The All is an Egg by Urban Vyaas

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The All is an Egg" by Urban Vyaas.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Scientists have used various concepts to describe the Earth. The most accepted assertion was that the Earth is spherical. Meanwhile, there had been other suggestions that the Earth was either triaxial or pear-shaped. However, Urban Vyaas likened the Earth to an egg. Hence, he put together The All is an Egg to explain this phenomenon. This book was not just about the Earth's shape; most of the discussions bordered around its makeup.

This was a 5-part book in which the author explained how everything in the world manifested an egg's characteristics. Inspired by the Dali museum, he explained the significance of the egg in the process of existence. Referring to the works of great scientists like Cassini, Granville, Kepler, and Moss, he was able to lay a solid foundation on which his thoughts were built.

Depending on the reader, this book could be seen from various perspectives. For the author, he wrote an essay to explain how everything we've seen (and still see) took a symmetrical pattern. For me, this book read like a research paper on the Earth's structure and makeup. The thorough research that went into this book was evident. I did appreciate the author's style of making references using the footer of pages. That way, I didn't need to wait until the end of the book to figure out each factual statement's source.

Throughout this book, the reader would see scientific and mathematical explanations of the different components of the Earth — the geosphere, the biosphere, and the noosphere. The author also delved into the scientific rationalization of religion and historical events. This was why I said this book would have different effects on diverse kinds of readers. Even when the author shared stories, there was a correlation between them and science. Also littered across this book are mathematical formulas and equations, theories by the likes of Albert Einstein and Charles Darwin, and scientific jargon. My foundation in sciences helped me to connect better with the author's narrative.

I would say that this book isn't for everyone; even the author clearly stated this early on in his introductory notes. This book would appeal more to folks who are curious about the scientific and mathematical explanation of human existence. However, a pre-knowledge of science would be needed to understand what the author tried to communicate fully. Additionally, the author provided some reading aids — pictures, sketches, and appendices. These elements helped me flow with the author's thoughts.

I wouldn't say this book made a fantastic read. However, the author had a specific audience in mind (as mentioned in my recommendations), and he wrote this book in a language and style they could relate to. The number of grammatical errors made me conclude that this book could use another round of editing. Therefore, I rate it 3 out of 4 stars.

The All is an Egg
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

Earth's shape has fascinated people since prehistoric period. I can find a lot of amazing elements in this book worth knowing. Thanks for the amazing review.
Ms_Rita30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ms-rita30.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Ms_Rita30 »

I definitely would love to know the theory behind likening the earth to an egg. No matter how I try, I can't seem to imagine it. Thanks for your thorough review.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

I really like the concept of the book itself. The title immediately caught my attention! I think I would like the book considering that it explores the Earth and its structure in some way. Thank you for the review!
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

This is a book I will really love to read for the knowledge I will gain.
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

This book offers a very interesting perspective of the world. Thanks for the insightful review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Alexandros92
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandros92.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Alexandros92 »

Sounds really weird but why not give it a chance? Thanks for your review :)
Victor Munster
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Victor Munster »

The All is an Egg offers a contemporary cosmos-synthesis that sketches a thinking frame, able to unite all facets of human knowledge and skills under one umbrella. It doesn’t have answers to all ontological questions were science, art and religion are bifurcating. Instead it formulates some new paradigms, showing where these three fields have found new intersections.
This essay offers an insight how a mathematical model of the human thinking processes, the application of Fourier's Theorem on recent trends in North American fiction and the Sterling formula to describe social entropy in that country are interacting, accumulating in a result that can be interpreted through the lens of evolutionary history.
Above all, it gives the readers an impression of the vast amount of questions that still remain unanswered while indicating an optimal course of action supported by the current state of our knowledge and abilities.
Louis Adrian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-louis-adrian.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Louis Adrian »

It seems like an interesting topic to read. Thanks for your review :D
Wy_Bertram
Favorite Book: 1984
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wy-bertram.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Wy_Bertram »

The title of this book is fantastically controversial. The fact that actual science goes into it was unexpected, but quite interesting.

Nice review 👌
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

This is a fascinating concept! I have heard several theories about the Earth's shape, but the egg theory is new to me. I'm not too thrilled about the mathematical formulas, but the scientific analysis interests me.

Thank you for your candid review.
:techie-studyingbrown:
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
Echez_
Currently Reading: Totto-chan, the Little Girl at the Window
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-echez.html
Latest Review: The Blue Sea Monster by Norma Fleagane, James Fleagane, Blake James Ward

Post by Echez_ »

Okay, I think for you to like this book, you need to be a science major. Outside that, I think this is a great book. Thanks for the review

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”