Official Review: Granny Franny's Big Red Bus

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JKO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jko.html
Latest Review: 7 Ways To Manage Pain With CBD by David Anthony Schroeder

Official Review: Granny Franny's Big Red Bus

Post by JKO »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Granny Franny's Big Red Bus" by Sonia Beldom.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Granny Franny’s Big Red Bus by Sonia Beldom is a children’s book that follows Granny Franny as she looks to surprise Jax and Ronny on their birthday. The story starts with the children asking Granny Franny to take them on an excellent treat on their birthday that comes up the next week. Granny Franny promises to surprise them and thinks of the perfect surprise.

Inspired by her childhood fun memories, she comes up with a brilliant idea to purchase a shiny red-painted double-decker bus, but there are two problems: she can’t drive a coach, and the available bus for sale is miles away. After solving the distance problem, she gets the bus and meets Thinkerbell, a talking bell attached to the bus. With the help of Thinkerbell, can Granny Franny learn how to drive, overcome all the obstacles during her journey back, and make it in time for Jax and Ronny’s birthday? What other surprises await the children?

In my opinion, children’s books are mediums in which we, as adults, can connect with children and pass a message across in a way that they’ll appreciate its significance. That said, there should always be an essential lesson for children to learn while reading, and much to my delight, this book justified that requirement. I felt that children could learn a lot about resilience and not giving up, as portrayed by Granny Franny, in her efforts to overcome the obstacles she faced while returning with the bus. With this book, children can also develop the spirit of helping other people in their time of need.

Additionally, another central piece of a children’s book is its ability to be understood by its readers. I figure the writer made a fantastic showing in such manner by including beautiful diagrams that make sure to get the thought of youngsters. The language of the writer was furthermore praiseworthy, as he utilized a casual composing style along with Thinkerbell’s comical inclination that makes certain to reverberate well with kids.

Also, I found nothing to despise in this book, and I enjoyed reading it to my nephew. This book makes sure to take youngsters on an excursion through their minds. The book is additionally expertly edited, although I anticipated nothing less given its length and scarce words. I rate Granny Franny’s Big Red Bus four out of four stars, and I prescribe it to kids between the ages of four and eight.

Granny Franny's Big Red Bus
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

Granny Franny sounds like a very likable character for a children's book. Thank you for this lovely review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Unique Ego
Favorite Book: The Tales of Little Lady M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-ego.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Unique Ego »

Children books are just ways authors and adult in general can relate and relive their childhood experiences. Beautiful review.
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

That's such a unique name for the kids to relate. Thanks for the review.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

This sounds like an amazing adventure story! Thank you for the review!
Ms_Rita30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ms-rita30.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Ms_Rita30 »

Teaching kids to be resilient and not to give up easily on tasks is one of the most difficult things to do. But it gives great joy when they eventually learn. I am glad there are writers out there trying to pass the message in diverse entertaining ways. Good job on your interesting review.
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

Sometimes children hive up easily. This is a good book to twach them resilience. Thanks for thus review!
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

It seems that even adults can learn a valuable lesson from Granny Franny. Resilience is a trait that everyone should adopt.

I enjoyed your recommendation.
_znb_k_
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by _znb_k_ »

it teaches valuable lessons to children .To not give up easily on something and it’s always fun to read children books because it reminds us of our childhood.thanks to the author another great experience.
Valkyrie9
Currently Reading: the love letter
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valkyrie9.html
Latest Review: From a burned charcoal, a diamond is born by Carlos Bonilla

Post by Valkyrie9 »

What fun! This sounds like it would be an exciting ride for both young and old readers. Thanks for the honest review.
"Doors are for people with no imagination." Skulduggery Pleasant, Derek Landy :idea:
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

Looks like it’s a great book for kids. I would like to read this one. Thanks for your wonderful review !
Ruth NGO

Post by Ruth NGO »

Its a nice book for children, I love children and hope that one day I will also write a book for the children.
FannyNang

Post by FannyNang »

This book has a lot to teach adults and children. It’s a good book for kids who love adventure.
Anngladys
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anngladys.html
Latest Review: Christ Without a Bride by Michael J. Ray

Post by Anngladys »

I enjoyed reading your review! So well written and detailed. This looks like a good read for both children and adults - the lessons apply to all!
Patrick Maina1
Currently Reading: The Power of Habit
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patrick-maina1.html
Latest Review: How To Keep Your Daughter From Slamming the Door by Deborah Ann Davis
Reading Device: Moonreader

Post by Patrick Maina1 »

Grannies are the real deal.Any story around them is a big yes for me.Nice review.My kids will love this

Return to “Children's Books”