Official Review: Learn Linux Quickly by Ahmed Alkabary

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JKO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jko.html
Latest Review: 7 Ways To Manage Pain With CBD by David Anthony Schroeder

Official Review: Learn Linux Quickly by Ahmed Alkabary

Post by JKO »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Learn Linux Quickly" by Ahmed Alkabary.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Just like Windows XP, Android, Mac OS X, Linux is an operating system, a software program that allows the software and hardware of a computer to communicate with each other. Because of the way Linux has been explained through the years, a lot of people not only tend to think that it is difficult to comprehend but also reserved for hackers and geeks. With Learn Linux Quickly, the author, Ahmed Alkabary, has proven that Linux is easy to learn. This book seeks to delightfully teach its reader Linux, covering topics that range from installing Linux to analyzing and manipulating files to creating personal commands and much more.

I've always had the interest to learn Linux because it powers most of the smart devices we have today, and I have taken a lot of online classes and read a lot of books over the years, but it always seemed like a hard nut to crack. When I picked this book, I thought it was going to be like the host of books I had previously read, but I was pleasantly surprised. I mean, I now know that nothing is complicated if you have the right teacher. Ahmed Alkabary has distinguished himself as an excellent teacher of the subject with this book. The author broke down the message in a straightforward way that every reader is sure to understand. I think I now have a good knowledge of Linux, and with some more practice, I would be much better, thanks to this book.

I liked that Ahmed often employed an almost informal writing style while anticipating the readers' thought process and making statements that kind of relaxes and encourages the reader to have an open mind to assimilate the message that he sought to teach. Also, I loved that the author wrote this book in such a way that it seemed like a live class, where the teacher taught with a projector. The author achieved this by revealing the contents of his computer screen as he inputted various commands one after the other while encouraging readers to perform that same task with their systems. It was also pleasing to see the colorful illustrations scattered all over this book. Not only did they help me understand better, but they also made me refreshed while I read.

In addition to the opening statements in each chapter that talked about what the reader was going to learn after reading that chapter, the author also gave room for self-evaluation by including exercises at the end of each chapter, and this sort of gave me superior thought of precisely what I was relied upon to know after that part. He also provided the solutions to these exercises at the last pages of the book, and this is significant because it enables the reader to know how much progression he/she has made as well as the facets they have to invest more energy. This book is a standard textbook that explains Linux explicitly.

There was absolutely nothing to dislike about this piece, and the author has done an excellent job in its execution. I found no grammatical or typographical errors throughout the text, which leads me to believe that the book is professionally edited. As a result of how well-written this book is as well as how helpful I found its contents to be, I have the pleasure of giving Learn Linux Quickly a resounding 4 out of 4 stars. I strongly recommend this text to people who are interested in learning Linux. It can also serve as a guide to intermediate and expert Linux users.

Learn Linux Quickly
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Post by Mutai Marshal »

Sounds like an informative manual for anyone interested in softwares.

Great review
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

This book will be so valuable to those who want to learn Linux. Thanks for such a detailed review. Good job.
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Lizziemarcel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizziemarcel.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Lizziemarcel »

I'm motivated by this review, cause I'm too good with computer related courses. I'll give this book a try, since I'm interested in learning.
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

I love when book break stereotypes. This one has done just that by showing that Linux can be easy to operate. If I ever needed to explore my computer geek side, I’d definitely get a hold of this book.

Thank you for the concise review.
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

This book will be beneficial for computer science students. Thanks for the review.
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

An informative reading plum with a great review.
jxu_07
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jxu_07 »

This book would be very useful and helpful to someone who is trying to learn more about Linxus.
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

Amazingly, the author has properly delivered his promise of teaching its readers Linux quickly. I also have been interested in learning Linux, so I'll check out this book.
Star_and_Buck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star-and-buck.html
Latest Review: Abby the Dog and Tigger the Cat by P.L. (Patricia) Rainey

Post by Star_and_Buck »

I am always intrested by this kind of stuff. This book seems to be very useful and informative.
Dreamer80
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dreamer80.html
Latest Review: How Trends Make You A Smarter Investor by Gabrielle Dahms

Post by Dreamer80 »

Oh Wow, there's too many things that make me want to grab this book. Cherry on the top? IT IS ERROR FREE! Absolutelyy love the way you wrote it!
Fahad Afroz
Currently Reading: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fahad-baibras.html
Latest Review: Living Abroad: Challenging the Myths of Expat Life by Jim Santos

Post by Fahad Afroz »

I want to learn linux and i have the same thoughts as u had about it,a hard nut to crack.But after thia review I think I have the perfect source to learn linux. thanx
TADSAILS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tadsails.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by TADSAILS »

An informative book that gives readers a perfect understanding of Linux operating system would be great for computer literate individuals. Definitely checking it out. Very rich review
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

This books seems to be highly informative. I want to give this one a try. Thanks for your detailed review.
Rachel_Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Leadership by Craig B. Whelden

Post by Rachel_Emmanuel »

Awesome review. When it comes to computer stuff, I always shy away from it because of the technical terms used even when I honestly want to learn. Such books like this must be my savior. Getting it soon.
#RecordBreaker

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”