Official Review: Eluramance Chronicles LESSIA

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JKO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jko.html
Latest Review: 7 Ways To Manage Pain With CBD by David Anthony Schroeder

Official Review: Eluramance Chronicles LESSIA

Post by JKO »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Eluramance Chronicles LESSIA" by Lucas R. Maloney.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Eluramance Chronicles LESSIA by Lucas R. Maloney is a science fiction novel that follows the story of the contributions Lessia made to protect the people of Eluramance from the forces of darkness. Lessia had always wanted to be a mencer, a person who wields magic. However, her hopes were dashed after she passed the age to be considered as one with the potential to use magic. Still, in a desperate attempt to save her father during one of their mining expeditions, she unexpectedly performs magic.

Lessia is then admitted to the Academy of Magic. Upon graduation, she and her classmates get attacked by demons, with everyone but Lessia and her friend, Marian, losing their lives in the process, and this is just the beginning of the many forces that Lessia has to overcome as she becomes directly involved in the war to save Eluramance from the effects of darkness. As she travels through the various cities in Eluramance, she gains numerous allies, including dwarfs, elves, orcs, and humans. With their help, together with the drakonics, Lessia fights off several demons sent by Zavus. Does she succeed? What exactly is Zavus' plan?

After reading this book, I have no doubt whatsoever that filmmakers can adopt this book for film production. The writer has written an excellent story, painting a picture of a brewing war between the people of Eluramance and the demonic forces led by Zavus. Eluramance Chronicles LESSIA by Lucas R. Maloney deserves a 4 out of 4 stars for me. Not only was the plot devised and presented excellently, but also character development was world-class. I mean, a lot of characters were mentioned throughout the text, but Lucas did a lot of justice in adding life to each one of them, often employing dialogue in their conversations. As a result, the story was more straightforward, and I was able to understand each character better.

I was also pleased with the way the author described the events that took place in the book, especially the battles. As a result, I always had a clear picture of the characteristics of every function and fight that took place throughout the story. Additionally, the balance in pace, as well as the level of suspense that the author employed, made the story more engaging. I mean, I was at the edge of my seat the whole time wondering what was going to happen next. My favorite scene in this book was the fight between Lessia and Krellyk, one of Zavus' servants. It was an action-packed scene. Furthermore, it is credible on the author's part to make a female the lead protagonist not only for inclusion but also to show that women can play essential roles in society.

There was absolutely nothing to dislike about this novel; the author did an excellent job in putting together this unique piece. The end of the story was satisfactory and gave room for a sequel which I am eager to read. Also, this book is professionally edited, as I found only one error throughout its pages. If you are a fan of action, science fiction, or fantasy stories, this is a book for you, and I highly recommend it. However, if you are affected by gory scenes, you may have to skip this one, as this book contains some violent parts that may not be suitable for you.

Eluramance Chronicles LESSIA
View: on Bookshelves
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I love magical novels and the plot of this one sounds very interesting to me. Thanks for the insightful review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems an intriguing novel, and I have no problems with gory scenes as I read horror stories as well. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

The story seems to interest me quite a lot. Hoping to read this book soon. Thanks for the amazing review.
Valkyrie9
Currently Reading: the love letter
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valkyrie9.html
Latest Review: From a burned charcoal, a diamond is born by Carlos Bonilla

Post by Valkyrie9 »

This sounds like it will make an excellent addition to the world's library of fantasy tales. Thank you for the thorough and honest review.
"Doors are for people with no imagination." Skulduggery Pleasant, Derek Landy :idea:
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

I too, think that this would be a spectacular movie. Even though I haven’t read this book, I can see the action, and I’m drawn in already! Lessia’s journey is exciting!

A concise and straightforward review; I enjoyed it. Thank you.
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Post by Menace Crypto »

This does show great promise. I loved your review, it has really made me want to read this book. Thanks a lot for the well-detailed review. Kudos.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”